Cannot delete an .AVI file

I downloaded an AVI file from limewire and now I cannot delete it or view
its properties. Please help.

Just note what the location of the file is. Go into the command window (good
old DOS) and go to the DIR of the file.

Example:
The window shows:
"C:\Documents and Setting\your_name>"
Then type: "CD \"
Now you will be in the root, the prompt wil look like this: "C:\"

Now you want to go to the directory, where the corrupted AVI file can be
found.
So the command might look like this: "CD Downloads". The prompt wil look
like this: "C:\Downloads>"

Now if the file is located in this DIR, the command is as followes:
"C:\Downloads>del corrupt.avi"
Where "corrupt" is the alternative for your file name, for you did not post
that name.

You wil see that in the DOS enviroment, the file can be deleted.

Good luck

Eritacus
"Abel Cortez" <acortez1@rgv.rr.com> schreef in bericht
>I downloaded an AVI file from limewire and now I cannot delete it or view
>its properties. Please help.

Courtesy of Kelly:-
"Go to Start/Run/CMD and type in: regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll
(To re-enable it: regsvr32 shmedia.dll)
And/or run this edit, then try to delete it.
AVI Search Remove (Line 74)
Can't Delete a File or Folder in XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del"