fried inno3d 6600gt fan...wtf happened

bof

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
hi all. here's the prob: i got an inno3d 6600gt 2 days ago and gpu fan just fried today. i didnt overclock anything and anyway i dont think the prob could be software related...anybody got the same prob? i dont think it's the psu neither because i have an enermax noisetaker 480W. By the way is it possible to order another HFS from coolermaster or Inno, or what hfs should i get to replace the fried one?

pauldh

Illustrious
Since knowbody is helping, I thought I'd jump in. Best thing to do is RMA it! :smile:

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=658042" target="_new">3DMark05</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3781954" target="_new">3DMark03</A>

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
If you bought it locally, don't bother with an RMA. Return to the store for a replacment/refund.

If you bought from an online reseller, the same probably applies, unless there was fine print that stated otherwise.

If the fine print applies, then RMA the defective item.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>

bof

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
no RMA for me!!!! B E C A U S E i bought it in hong kong and i live in mauritius island....so i'm f*cked....still can't believe it hapened to me...i've put so many bucks in it!!!!!!die inno3d ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

RichPLS

Champion
The manufacture won't warranty it?

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Black market item?

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>

cleeve

Illustrious
Are you saying it still works?

If it still works and you have no warranty, just buy a new GPU fan. They aren't that hard to change.

Actually, it'll give you the opportunity to clean the core and use some real thermal paste instead of that dreadful thermal tape they use... so you'll have a better cooled GPU (and more overclock-friendly!) :wink:

get an aftermarket cooler and go to town...

lik

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004
I think the brand gives warranty all over the world! Can't you send it to hong-kong or something?

P4-2800->FSB800, Asus P4P800, 512DDR-400, Creative GeForce DDR (the first one lol)

bof

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
it's not black market item. the warranty is valid only in hong kong ...anyway the guy at the shop didnt fill the warranty card so i dont think it's valid. i just want to die right now. and what 3rd party GPu cooler could i buy? do u know some websites where i could order that? i already found some but dont know if it can fit on my inno3d becoz they rotated the chip 45 degrees.

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Never hurts to contact the company and see if they will back their product. Explain the situation about purchasing it in HK and see what happens.

bof

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
i managed to fix it...temporarly, i've fixed a CPU fan on the HS and it it works pretty well. But i think i'll buy some 3rd party cooler... do u know what HFS could fit my inno3d? becoz the chip is oriented 45 degrees and i dont think any cooler could fit it...

If it ain't broke, then why fix it?

lik

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004
If there is no return IMO you should search something decente to put in it! Cus it can stop again and really damage it!

P4-2800->FSB800, Asus P4P800, 512DDR-400, Creative GeForce DDR (the first one lol)

bof

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
yeah that's what i'm saying... I think this fan will break someday coz it's some no-name sh!t but it's good for temporary use. i'm looking for some good HFS but not something like heatpipes etc becoz i dont overclock my card. i just want a good HFS. Somebodu got an idea?

<A HREF="http://heatsinkfactory.com/cgi-bin/HFAstore.pl?user_action=list&category=Chipset Coolers" target="_new">Here</A> are a few options.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I usually modify small CPU heatsinks to fit and attach a 40mm or 50mm CPU fan.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>