Error during upgrade from Me to XP

When I begin the setup process to upgrade from Me to XP I get a window that
says:

"Windows Setup has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
for the inconvenience."

The error report then says:

Error signature
AppName: winnt32.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0

Any advice?
--
Steve-O
1 answer Last reply

    One more thing: I did run the Upgrade Advisor and it advised me that my
    hardware was acceptable for XP.
    --
    Steve-O

    "Steve-O" wrote:

    > When I begin the setup process to upgrade from Me to XP I get a window that
    > says:
    >
    > "Windows Setup has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    > for the inconvenience."
    >
    > The error report then says:
    >
    > Error signature
    > AppName: winnt32.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModName: unknown
    > ModVer: 0.0.0.0
    >
    > Any advice?
    > --
    > Steve-O