Boot up is slow

June 11, 2005 3:05:30 AM

I only have Zone Alarm and an anti-virus program that starts when Windows
starts. Somehow my system is taking longer to start up. How can I decrease
the time Windows starts?

Than you;
David

More about : boot slow

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:32:26 PM

Slow computer
http://www.microsoft.com/AtWork/getstarted/speed.mspx
4 Ways to Speed Up Your Computer's Performance

"mladner" <mladner@charter.net> wrote in message
news:o u$MTukbFHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I only have Zone Alarm and an anti-virus program that starts when Windows starts.
>Somehow my system is taking longer to start up. How can I decrease the time Windows
>starts?
>
> Than you;
> David

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:32:27 PM

"TaurArian" wrote:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
> Slow computer
> http://www.microsoft.com/AtWork/getstarted/speed.mspx
> 4 Ways to Speed Up Your Computer's Performance
>

> "mladner" <mladner@charter.net> wrote in message
> news:o u$MTukbFHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> >I only have Zone Alarm and an anti-virus program that starts
> when Windows starts.
> >Somehow my system is taking longer to start up. How can I
> decrease the time Windows
> >starts?
> >
> > Than you;
> > David

Try using MSCONFIG to disable programs that auto starts when you logon
to your operating system.
For more information see the following link:

http://euchre.delta-knight.co.uk/msconfig.shtml

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Boot-slow-f...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1719753
!