Boot up is slow

I only have Zone Alarm and an anti-virus program that starts when Windows
starts. Somehow my system is taking longer to start up. How can I decrease
the time Windows starts?

Than you;
David
2 answers Last reply
More about boot slow

    Slow computer
    http://www.microsoft.com/AtWork/getstarted/speed.mspx
    4 Ways to Speed Up Your Computer's Performance

    "TaurArian" wrote:
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
    > Slow computer
    > http://www.microsoft.com/AtWork/getstarted/speed.mspx
    > 4 Ways to Speed Up Your Computer's Performance
    >

    > "mladner" <mladner@charter.net> wrote in message
    > >I only have Zone Alarm and an anti-virus program that starts
    > when Windows starts.
    > >Somehow my system is taking longer to start up. How can I
    > decrease the time Windows
    > >starts?
    > >
    > > Than you;
    > > David

    Try using MSCONFIG to disable programs that auto starts when you logon
    to your operating system.
    For more information see the following link:

    http://euchre.delta-knight.co.uk/msconfig.shtml

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Boot-slow-ftopict544756.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1719753

Boot Microsoft Windows XP