.NET Framework 1.1 problem

June 11, 2005 3:43:01 AM

PLEASE don't ask me why but I deleted it in the Add/Remove folder and
realized then that I had a big problem because I thought I could download it
off the internet and get it back - but see that it was already installed in
the computer when I got it with SP1 and can't download it apparently from
Windows website? I have SP2 installed but had deleted that uninstall folder
in Windows to save space, thinking that I wouldn't need that anymore. So,
thinking that I could get back to where I was before I deleted .NET Framework
1.1, I used System Restore - but it wouldn't get back ALL the files and I
need to repair the .NET Framework files because the Dell Support doesn't work
either (I guess without the .NET Framework not working?).

In Administrative Tools = the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration - I
get an Error: Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927e03e). I click OK. Then
I get mmc.exe - Common Launguage Runtime Debugging Services -- Application
has generated an exception that could not be handled. I click OK and get out.

And Microsoft .NET Framwork 1.1 Wizards won't open up either - I get the
same Fatal Execution Error and click OK. Then I get ConfigWizards.exe -
Common language Runtime Debugging Services -- Application has generated an
exception that could not be handles. I click OK instead of cancer, this time
too.

Is there a way to repair the .NET Framework 1.1? I only have the Dell
Reinstallation CD for my Windows XP Home Edition, Including Service Pack 1a
and I was hoping there would be some way easier than using that to fix this
problem????

Hope you can help.

lme

More about : net framework problem

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 3:58:01 AM

Sorry for a few unimportant errors but the important things, I hope, are
right in this!! lme

"lme" wrote:

> PLEASE don't ask me why but I deleted it in the Add/Remove folder and
> realized then that I had a big problem because I thought I could download it
> off the internet and get it back - but see that it was already installed in
> the computer when I got it with SP1 and can't download it apparently from
> Windows website? I have SP2 installed but had deleted that uninstall folder
> in Windows to save space, thinking that I wouldn't need that anymore. So,
> thinking that I could get back to where I was before I deleted .NET Framework
> 1.1, I used System Restore - but it wouldn't get back ALL the files and I
> need to repair the .NET Framework files because the Dell Support doesn't work
> either (I guess without the .NET Framework not working?).
>
> In Administrative Tools = the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration - I
> get an Error: Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927e03e). I click OK. Then
> I get mmc.exe - Common Launguage Runtime Debugging Services -- Application
> has generated an exception that could not be handled. I click OK and get out.
>
> And Microsoft .NET Framwork 1.1 Wizards won't open up either - I get the
> same Fatal Execution Error and click OK. Then I get ConfigWizards.exe -
> Common language Runtime Debugging Services -- Application has generated an
> exception that could not be handles. I click OK instead of cancer, this time
> too.
>
> Is there a way to repair the .NET Framework 1.1? I only have the Dell
> Reinstallation CD for my Windows XP Home Edition, Including Service Pack 1a
> and I was hoping there would be some way easier than using that to fix this
> problem????
>
> Hope you can help.
>
> lme
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:31:39 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824643
How to troubleshoot Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installation issues

if required
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

Then download:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...

"lme" <lme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> PLEASE don't ask me why but I deleted it in the Add/Remove folder and
> realized then that I had a big problem because I thought I could download it
> off the internet and get it back - but see that it was already installed in
> the computer when I got it with SP1 and can't download it apparently from
> Windows website? I have SP2 installed but had deleted that uninstall folder
> in Windows to save space, thinking that I wouldn't need that anymore. So,
> thinking that I could get back to where I was before I deleted .NET Framework
> 1.1, I used System Restore - but it wouldn't get back ALL the files and I
> need to repair the .NET Framework files because the Dell Support doesn't work
> either (I guess without the .NET Framework not working?).
>
> In Administrative Tools = the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration - I
> get an Error: Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927e03e). I click OK. Then
> I get mmc.exe - Common Launguage Runtime Debugging Services -- Application
> has generated an exception that could not be handled. I click OK and get out.
>
> And Microsoft .NET Framwork 1.1 Wizards won't open up either - I get the
> same Fatal Execution Error and click OK. Then I get ConfigWizards.exe -
> Common language Runtime Debugging Services -- Application has generated an
> exception that could not be handles. I click OK instead of cancer, this time
> too.
>
> Is there a way to repair the .NET Framework 1.1? I only have the Dell
> Reinstallation CD for my Windows XP Home Edition, Including Service Pack 1a
> and I was hoping there would be some way easier than using that to fix this
> problem????
>
> Hope you can help.
>
> lme
June 12, 2005 12:47:02 AM

I'm having a problem manually removing the .NET Framework 1.1 from the
Windows Installer cache. I right-click the Windows Installer file that has
the Microsoft .NET Framwork 1.1 RTL x86 enu and then click Uninstall but I
get the message --- Windows Installer: This patch package could not be
opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or
contact the application vender to verify that this is a valid Windows
Installer patch package.

That is the first step towards manually removing the .NET Framework 1.1 and
it doesn't work.

Can I ignore this message and then go ahead and follow the rest of the
directions or should I stop here and do something different???

This is complicated for a 67 year old diabetic - maybe I know enough to be
dangerous when I'm trying to fix this, but I am game to follow your
directions!

lme

"TaurArian" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824643
> How to troubleshoot Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installation issues
>
> if required
> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
>
> Then download:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...
>

> "lme" <lme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > PLEASE don't ask me why but I deleted it in the Add/Remove folder and
> > realized then that I had a big problem because I thought I could download it
> > off the internet and get it back - but see that it was already installed in
> > the computer when I got it with SP1 and can't download it apparently from
> > Windows website? I have SP2 installed but had deleted that uninstall folder
> > in Windows to save space, thinking that I wouldn't need that anymore. So,
> > thinking that I could get back to where I was before I deleted .NET Framework
> > 1.1, I used System Restore - but it wouldn't get back ALL the files and I
> > need to repair the .NET Framework files because the Dell Support doesn't work
> > either (I guess without the .NET Framework not working?).
> >
> > In Administrative Tools = the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration - I
> > get an Error: Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927e03e). I click OK. Then
> > I get mmc.exe - Common Launguage Runtime Debugging Services -- Application
> > has generated an exception that could not be handled. I click OK and get out.
> >
> > And Microsoft .NET Framwork 1.1 Wizards won't open up either - I get the
> > same Fatal Execution Error and click OK. Then I get ConfigWizards.exe -
> > Common language Runtime Debugging Services -- Application has generated an
> > exception that could not be handles. I click OK instead of cancer, this time
> > too.
> >
> > Is there a way to repair the .NET Framework 1.1? I only have the Dell
> > Reinstallation CD for my Windows XP Home Edition, Including Service Pack 1a
> > and I was hoping there would be some way easier than using that to fix this
> > problem????
> >
> > Hope you can help.
> >
> > lme

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 6:25:06 PM

Try manually downloading Net Framework and see if you can get it to install

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

Then download:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...

With regard to Windows Installer
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
http://download.microsoft.com/download/office2000pro/ut...

Windows Installer 3.1 now available for XP

lme wrote:
> [...]
>>> working?).
>>>
>>> In Administrative Tools = the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
>>> Configuration - I get an Error: Fatal Execution Engine Error
>>> (0x7927e03e). I click OK. Then I get mmc.exe - Common Launguage
>>> Runtime Debugging Services -- Application has generated an
>>> exception that could not be handled. I click OK and get out.
>>>
>>> And Microsoft .NET Framwork 1.1 Wizards won't open up either - I
>>> get the
>>> same Fatal Execution Error and click OK. Then I get
>>> ConfigWizards.exe - Common language Runtime Debugging Services --
>>> Application has generated an exception that could not be handles.
>>> I click OK instead of cancer, this time too.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to repair the .NET Framework 1.1? I only have the
>>> Dell Reinstallation CD for my Windows XP Home Edition, Including
>>> Service Pack 1a and I was hoping there would be some way easier

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 6:25:07 PM

Is the reason that I can't uninstall the Microsoft .NET Framwork 1.1 RTL x86
enu from the Installer because I have the SP2 installed and the uninstall
file for SP2, I have deleted from Windows $uninstall files!!? I think I'm
learning what to do by following someone else's advice on doing that and then
finding out that was what NOT to do TOO late!?

So far any adivice that you've given doesn't fit my situation and doesn't
work - because when I deleted the .NET Framework 1.1 from the Add/Remove
Program, found out that was not the thing to do, and then used System Restore
to get it back - the settings came back but not the part needed to make it
work and now it won't uninstall from the Add/Remove Program anyway, I suppose
because I have SP2 installed!

Otherwise I guess I will be faced with creating a CD using AutoStreamer to
Slipstream XP SP2 to the XP Installation CD and then using that to repair my
XP first -OR- just reformat the drive and start over. Unless you have
another sugestion for still another way so that I don't have to do that????

(This is a Dell Dimension 8300 with XP Home Edition including SP1a that I'm
using which is on the Reinstallation CD.)

Thank you for your time trying to help me. Let me know if I will have to
get out my Reinstallation CD, yet.

lme

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Try manually downloading Net Framework and see if you can get it to install
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
>
> Then download:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...
>
> With regard to Windows Installer
> Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
> Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/office2000pro/ut...
>
> Windows Installer 3.1 now available for XP
>

> lme wrote:
> > I'm having a problem manually removing the .NET Framework 1.1 from the
> > Windows Installer cache. I right-click the Windows Installer file
> > that has the Microsoft .NET Framwork 1.1 RTL x86 enu and then click
> > Uninstall but I get the message --- Windows Installer: This patch
> > package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists
> > and that you can access it, or contact the application vender to
> > verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.
> >
> > That is the first step towards manually removing the .NET Framework
> > 1.1 and it doesn't work.
> >
> > Can I ignore this message and then go ahead and follow the rest of the
> > directions or should I stop here and do something different???
> >
> > This is complicated for a 67 year old diabetic - maybe I know enough
> > to be dangerous when I'm trying to fix this, but I am game to follow
> > your directions!
> >
> > lme
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824643
> >> How to troubleshoot Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installation issues
> >>
> >> if required
> >> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
> >>
> >> Then download:
> >>
> >> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...
> >>

> >> "lme" <lme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 1:36:05 PM

Hi there, the only other suggestion after you slipstreamed your SP2 patch with your
original WinXP disc is
http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
Introduction to using scannow sfc (system file checker)

Your situation is not looking good from this angle, You may be looking at
repair/reinstallation as you mentioned.
If you can, back up your files of importance before proceeding.

I made the suggestions in hope that perhaps the above procedure wouldn't be
necessary.

Sorry I couldn't help.
Kaylene

> [...]
>>

>> lme wrote:
>> > I'm having a problem manually removing the .NET Framework 1.1 from the
>> > Windows Installer cache. I right-click the Windows Installer file
>> > that has the Microsoft .NET Framwork 1.1 RTL x86 enu and then click
>> > Uninstall but I get the message --- Windows Installer: This patch
>> > package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists
>> > and that you can access it, or contact the application vender to
>> > verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.
>> >
>> > That is the first step towards manually removing the .NET Framework
>> > 1.1 and it doesn't work.
>> >
>> > Can I ignore this message and then go ahead and follow the rest of the
>> > directions or should I stop here and do something different???
>> >
>> > This is complicated for a 67 year old diabetic - maybe I know enough
>> > to be dangerous when I'm trying to fix this, but I am game to follow

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 6:28:04 PM

This is terrible, but I can't click on the "question" to post a new
question!! It keeps just showing me a bar at the top that says "click here to
view blocked pop-ups" and when I do it still doesn't give me a blank box!!
Ok, my problem is I keep getting a "ycommon.exe" error... what is it and how
can I fix it?? I hope someone can get this question and help me with an
answer!
Thanks
Hummer Chick
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 7:22:39 PM

Contact yahoo sbc. It is a problem with their browser.

news:D F28F1A5-0099-4D0E-AF54-1D70367C641B@microsoft.com...
!