My Pictures points to wrong folder

June 11, 2005 2:48:13 PM

The My Pictures entry on my wife's start menu points to my daughter's
picture folder. Is there any way I can fix this?
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 7:38:14 PM

Walt,

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders

Double-click "My Pictures" and set the data to "%USERPROFILE%\My
Documents\My Pictures"

Note that it should be of REG_EXPAND_SZ type. If it's REG_SZ then, delete
the "My Pictures" value and re-create it.

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell

Windows XP Troubleshooting