kat

I have just purchased a new PC system today and was installing the OEM
version of the XP Home.When at the end of the end user agreement came up
saying to press 'f8' to say that I agree to the terms..it froze. So I reset
the computer to restart the process then it refused to go on further after
all the devices and hardware info is listed.

It's on AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor,
GA K8VT800S754,800FSB,DDR400(mother board),
1 gb(512 mbx2) ddr400 pc3200 ram module,
Gecube 256 mb ati9550 pro
western digital caviar 120 gb 7200rpm ata 100 8mb wd1200jb

Is there a solution I can take? thanks in advance.

Hi,

Question: Why would you be installing the operating system? Most come
preinstalled. Did you build the system yourself from a kit?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just purchased a new PC system today and was installing the OEM
> version of the XP Home.When at the end of the end user agreement came up
> saying to press 'f8' to say that I agree to the terms..it froze. So I
> reset
> the computer to restart the process then it refused to go on further after
> all the devices and hardware info is listed.
>
> It's on AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor,
> GA K8VT800S754,800FSB,DDR400(mother board),
> 1 gb(512 mbx2) ddr400 pc3200 ram module,
> Gecube 256 mb ati9550 pro
> western digital caviar 120 gb 7200rpm ata 100 8mb wd1200jb
>
> Is there a solution I can take? thanks in advance.

kat

Well a professional built the system and it came ith it...but unless I pay
for it they aren't going to install it for me -_-..other times I used retail
versions so..didn't have difficulties at all.

So it is my first time trying out a OEM version instead of retail, I was
following the instructions until it froze when you had to press 'f8' for I
agree and it was worse afterwards.

Hi,

Most likely it is faulty or misconfigured hardware - I would take it back to
the folks who built it for you. No reason you should have difficulty with a
generic OEM disk.

--

> Well a professional built the system and it came ith it...but unless I pay
> for it they aren't going to install it for me -_-..other times I used
> retail
> versions so..didn't have difficulties at all.
>
> So it is my first time trying out a OEM version instead of retail, I was
> following the instructions until it froze when you had to press 'f8' for I
> agree and it was worse afterwards.

kat

thank you for all the help! I couldn't figure out if it was the hardware or
the software.