Blue Screen of Death even though all drivers are deactivated

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm getting a Stop error every time I start my Fujitsu C1020
(running XP Pro). The error seems to appear after all drivers and
programs have been loaded, with Zone Alarm as the last one. I can
get Safe Mode to run.

The Stop error code is 0x000000cc, followed by

(0xA7F75FD0, 0X00000001, 0X8052D411, 0X00000000)

The comment points to the computer trying to access memory after
it has been freed up (or something), which is supposed to result
from a synchronization error with a system driver.

I've deactivated all drivers (and services, except Microsoft's)
via msconfig, but the error won't go away. I've tried System
Restore to no avail. I did not install anything just before the
error appeared. The last thing I did when XP Pro was working OK,
was to copy some very large Word files with a lot of graphics in
them from a CD that may have been faulty.

I've been thinking about reinstalling/repairing XP, but I don't
have the extra gigabyte on my hard disk, and I can't move files to
the CD-RW in Safe mode (I think?).

I have minidump files, but I don't know what to do with them ...
can you help me, please?

Richard

This should point you in the rigght direction
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools
/hh/ddtools/DV_e76af1ab-e90d-4afa-9a22-d74ed3f78672.xml.asp

it seems you have a bad driver

Since you can start in safe mode one thing I would look at doing is
changing the video driver. The minidump files are useless and you can
delte them.

Wayne

Richard wrote:

> I'm getting a Stop error every time I start my Fujitsu C1020
> (running XP Pro). The error seems to appear after all drivers and
> programs have been loaded, with Zone Alarm as the last one. I can
> get Safe Mode to run.
>
> The Stop error code is 0x000000cc, followed by
>
> (0xA7F75FD0, 0X00000001, 0X8052D411, 0X00000000)
>
> The comment points to the computer trying to access memory after
> it has been freed up (or something), which is supposed to result
> from a synchronization error with a system driver.
>
> I've deactivated all drivers (and services, except Microsoft's)
> via msconfig, but the error won't go away. I've tried System
> Restore to no avail. I did not install anything just before the
> error appeared. The last thing I did when XP Pro was working OK,
> was to copy some very large Word files with a lot of graphics in
> them from a CD that may have been faulty.
>
> I've been thinking about reinstalling/repairing XP, but I don't
> have the extra gigabyte on my hard disk, and I can't move files to
> the CD-RW in Safe mode (I think?).
>
> I have minidump files, but I don't know what to do with them ...
> can you help me, please?
>
> Richard

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Wayne,

thank you for the suggestion - but I get a "page not found"
message when I try the URL. Do you know if the page has been
moved?

Richard

"wayne" <nope@nowhere.com> wrote in

> This should point you in the rigght direction
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
us/
> ddtools
> /hh/ddtools/DV_e76af1ab-e90d-4afa-9a22-d74ed3f78672.xml.asp
>
> it seems you have a bad driver
>
> Since you can start in safe mode one thing I would look at doing
> is changing the video driver. The minidump files are useless and
> you can delte them.
>
> Wayne
>
> Richard wrote:
>
>> I'm getting a Stop error every time I start my Fujitsu C1020
>> (running XP Pro). The error seems to appear after all drivers
>> and programs have been loaded, with Zone Alarm as the last one.
>> I can get Safe Mode to run.
>>
>> The Stop error code is 0x000000cc, followed by
>>
>> (0xA7F75FD0, 0X00000001, 0X8052D411, 0X00000000)
>>
>> The comment points to the computer trying to access memory
>> after it has been freed up (or something), which is supposed to
>> result from a synchronization error with a system driver.
>>
>> I've deactivated all drivers (and services, except Microsoft's)
>> via msconfig, but the error won't go away. I've tried System
>> Restore to no avail. I did not install anything just before the
>> error appeared. The last thing I did when XP Pro was working
>> OK, was to copy some very large Word files with a lot of
>> graphics in them from a CD that may have been faulty.
>>
>> I've been thinking about reinstalling/repairing XP, but I don't
>> have the extra gigabyte on my hard disk, and I can't move files
>> to the CD-RW in Safe mode (I think?).
>>
>> I have minidump files, but I don't know what to do with them
>> ... can you help me, please?
>>
>> Richard

map

Richard wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> thank you for the suggestion - but I get a "page not found"
> message when I try the URL. Do you know if the page has been
> moved?
>
> Richard

The URL works just fine,run the edit on line 68 rt. side and try the URL
again
A reboot may be nessary.

--
Mike Pawlak

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks, Wayne - I believe the word wrap messed up the URL. Edited it
- it worked now. The material loooks promising - I wish Microsoft
didn't split the info up in so many pages, it's quite a job to print
it all out.

> Weid not sure why the url didn't copy right
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/
> ddtools
> /hh/ddtools/DV_e76af1ab-e90d-4afa-9a22-d74ed3f78672.xml.asp
>
> Richard wrote:
>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
>> us/

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thank you, Mike - the URL worked after editing. I've bookmarked
Kellys Korner, I think I'll get to the bottom of this.

Richard