Andrzej_Pl

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2005
I'm going for x800XL...and well, is that HiS Ice-Q really much quiet from my other choice - Sapphire Xl?

And btw, as I use now standard reference fx5900 from Palit how much noisy/quiet is x800 compared to it?

Andrzej

eden

Champion
Heheh, according to HIS' claims, this card is beyond silent. Oh man, if you find an ICE QII X800XL, you simply CANNOT say no. Do that and we'll have to send two men in black at your door. :wink:

--
The <b><A HREF="http://snipurl.com/blsb" target="_new"><font color=red>THGC Photo Album</font color=red></A></b>, send in your pics, get your own webpage and view other members' sites.

The regular Sapphire X800XL will be MUCH louder, use the crappy X700XT HSF which is noisey as hell. If it's the Ultimate Edition model it uses the Zalman CU700 HSF which is pretty quiet (probably both are very close at that point).

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

eden

Champion
HERETIC!
Are you encouraging against the IceQII? :eek:

--
The <b><A HREF="http://snipurl.com/blsb" target="_new"><font color=red>THGC Photo Album</font color=red></A></b>, send in your pics, get your own webpage and view other members' sites.

No I'm just giving him the basics as I see it. :tongue:

Of course he didn't ask about the thermal properties and the great advantage of the HIS in that it ejects the hot air outside the case. :cool:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Andrzej_Pl

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2005
Oh well, I sticked with Sapphire...why? Cuz I sold already my agp system...and HIS has like 1 week delivery time in Poland.

It isn't very loud - I think it's more silent then Fx5900 Palit I've been using so far. And image quality, framerate and so on...are just #$#$#@ amazing ;)

Andrzej

cleeve

Illustrious
Congrats, glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Too bad about the delivery issue, but it's a nice card and you should have fun with it. If the fan ever does cause you problems move to their the ArcticCooling VGA Silencer4 or the Zalman CU700. But if you don't notice it now it won't matter much, although if you plane to overclock, those two solutions work better too.

Enjoy!