Galaticos

Well, after my unfortunated spell at Wigan, I'm replacing Wanderley
Luxemburgo, and hopefully will give some honours to the Galaticos!

Main changes:
Hired Zagallo as my assistant manager.
Filé, personal Ronaldo's physio was signed too.
A GK coach from Atletico Bilbao also joined.

On the squad we needed immediatelly a DR as Salgado had no reserve, so
Cafu joined.
The defense was weak too, so Bonera was signed.
Up front have added Cavenaghi.
And as left winger Jankulovski.

That was the team for first half of season:
GK Casillas/Cesar
DR M Salgado/Cafu
DL R Carlos/R Bravo
DC I Helguera/D Bonera/Pavon
DC W Samuel/A Mejia
MR Figo/D Beckham
ML M Jankulovski/H Solari
MC T Gravesen/Celades
MC Z Zidane/Guti
SC Raul/Cavenaghi/Portillo
SC Ronaldo/M Owen

mid season have sold Celades to Sevilla and signed Gerrard from Liverpool
for ¤50M.
we're leading with only one point advantadge from Barcelona.
we're 3rd on UCL Group stage loosing the place to Arsenal and Ajax!

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Em Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:29:19 -0300, Eduardo Liguori
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:

> Well, after my unfortunated spell at Wigan, I'm replacing Wanderley
> Luxemburgo, and hopefully will give some honours to the Galaticos!
>
> Main changes:
> Hired Zagallo as my assistant manager.
> Filé, personal Ronaldo's physio was signed too.
> A GK coach from Atletico Bilbao also joined.
>
> On the squad we needed immediatelly a DR as Salgado had no reserve, so
> Cafu joined.
> The defense was weak too, so Bonera was signed.
> Up front have added Cavenaghi.
> And as left winger Jankulovski.
>
> That was the team for first half of season:
> GK Casillas/Cesar
> DR M Salgado/Cafu
> DL R Carlos/R Bravo
> DC I Helguera/D Bonera/Pavon
> DC W Samuel/A Mejia
> MR Figo/D Beckham
> ML M Jankulovski/H Solari
> MC T Gravesen/Celades
> MC Z Zidane/Guti
> SC Raul/Cavenaghi/Portillo
> SC Ronaldo/M Owen
>
> mid season have sold Celades to Sevilla and signed Gerrard from
> Liverpool for ¤50M.
> we're leading with only one point advantadge from Barcelona.
> we're 3rd on UCL Group stage loosing the place to Arsenal and Ajax!

forgot to mention that Vanden Borre and Vagner Leonardelli we're hired but
promptly loaned out.

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

what happened to poor old jonathan woodgate? or is he still injured :)

"Eduardo Liguori" <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
> Em Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:29:19 -0300, Eduardo Liguori
> <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:
>
>> Well, after my unfortunated spell at Wigan, I'm replacing Wanderley
>> Luxemburgo, and hopefully will give some honours to the Galaticos!
>>
>> Main changes:
>> Hired Zagallo as my assistant manager.
>> Filé, personal Ronaldo's physio was signed too.
>> A GK coach from Atletico Bilbao also joined.
>>
>> On the squad we needed immediatelly a DR as Salgado had no reserve, so
>> Cafu joined.
>> The defense was weak too, so Bonera was signed.
>> Up front have added Cavenaghi.
>> And as left winger Jankulovski.
>>
>> That was the team for first half of season:
>> GK Casillas/Cesar
>> DR M Salgado/Cafu
>> DL R Carlos/R Bravo
>> DC I Helguera/D Bonera/Pavon
>> DC W Samuel/A Mejia
>> MR Figo/D Beckham
>> ML M Jankulovski/H Solari
>> MC T Gravesen/Celades
>> MC Z Zidane/Guti
>> SC Raul/Cavenaghi/Portillo
>> SC Ronaldo/M Owen
>>
>> mid season have sold Celades to Sevilla and signed Gerrard from
>> Liverpool for ¤50M.
>> we're leading with only one point advantadge from Barcelona.
>> we're 3rd on UCL Group stage loosing the place to Arsenal and Ajax!
>>

> forgot to mention that Vanden Borre and Vagner Leonardelli we're hired but
> promptly loaned out.
>
> --
> Eduardo Liguori
> EPL Champion
> Chelsea Football Club
>
> Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
> http://www.opera.com/m2/

Em Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:36:58 +0100, Adam Lion <adamatadrockdotathdotcx>
escreveu:

> what happened to poor old jonathan woodgate? or is he still injured :)

injured at B team, next season he will have a chance

btw have not mentioned young Juanfran (AMR) also at the 25 squad.

--

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:29:19 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:

> Well, after my unfortunated spell at Wigan, I'm replacing Wanderley
> Luxemburgo, and hopefully will give some honours to the Galaticos!
>
> Main changes:
> Hired Zagallo as my assistant manager.
> Filé, personal Ronaldo's physio was signed too.

Weight loss must not be his speciality.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Adam Lion wrote:
> what happened to poor old jonathan woodgate? or is he still injured :)

Killed by a top-post

Em Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:19:22 +0100, Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:29:19 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:
>
>> Well, after my unfortunated spell at Wigan, I'm replacing Wanderley
>> Luxemburgo, and hopefully will give some honours to the Galaticos!
>>
>> Main changes:
>> Hired Zagallo as my assistant manager.
>> Filé, personal Ronaldo's physio was signed too.
>

> Weight loss must not be his speciality.

lol

in fact meanwhile Ronaldo is on Intl's Owen is scoring plenty.
but I'm a Ronaldo fan, and the place belongs to him, as a matter of fact
I've reject an offer from Chelsea of ¤65M for him!

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

That is the team for first half of season:
> GK Casillas/Cesar/Andrea Guatelli (loaned out)
> DR M Salgado/Cafu
> DL R Carlos/R Bravo
> DC I Helguera/D Bonera/Pavon/Vanden Borre (loaned out)
> DC W Samuel/A Mejia/Vagner Leonardelli (loaned out)
> MR Figo/D Beckham
> ML M Jankulovski/H Solari
> MC S Gerrard/T Gravesen
> MC Z Zidane/T Rosicky/Guti
> SC Raul/Cavenaghi/Portillo
> SC Ronaldo/M Owen

Cesar will go to Valencia for free, Rosicky came for ¤29M
Guatelli will replace Cesar, 300k from Parma.
Prolly will try to sell Figo and have an open offer for Joaquin (¤89M) to
next season.

After 19 games we're top alongside Barcelona.
Madrid 19 15/1/3 46 points
Barça 19 14/4/1 46 points

we've lost to Zaragoza, Valencia and Betis
Barça lost only to Real Madrid @Bernabeu

good fight...

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Em Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:09:51 -0300, Eduardo Liguori
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:

> That is the team for first half of season:
>> GK Casillas/Cesar/Andrea Guatelli (loaned out)
>> DR M Salgado/Cafu
>> DL R Carlos/R Bravo
>> DC I Helguera/D Bonera/Pavon/Vanden Borre (loaned out)
>> DC W Samuel/A Mejia/Vagner Leonardelli (loaned out)
>> MR Figo/D Beckham
>> ML M Jankulovski/H Solari
>> MC S Gerrard/T Gravesen
>> MC Z Zidane/T Rosicky/Guti
>> SC Raul/Cavenaghi/Portillo
>> SC Ronaldo/M Owen
>>
> Cesar will go to Valencia for free, Rosicky came for ¤29M
> Guatelli will replace Cesar, 300k from Parma.
> Prolly will try to sell Figo and have an open offer for Joaquin (¤89M)
> to next season.
>
> After 19 games we're top alongside Barcelona.
> Madrid 19 15/1/3 46 points
> Barça 19 14/4/1 46 points
>
> we've lost to Zaragoza, Valencia and Betis
> Barça lost only to Real Madrid @Bernabeu
>
> good fight...

btw have extended the contracts of Cafu and Raul Bravo, renewed Helguera
contract and Portillo + Guti just dislike me. Portillo holds a promissing
tag, I'd like to loan him out so he could come back better as he has few
chances with the 4 strikers I have. Guti also could be loaned out as I
intend to give Zidane another season. Mejia will be sold or loaned out if
Borre or Vagner could fit better next season.
Pavon has been good each opportunity that arises. Robinho is pre-signed
and I don't know what to do with him, maybe will be obeyed to loan him out
too.
The great surprise is how good Solari has been playing. We will need
another left winger only after Roberto Carlos end his spell at Madrid, so
Jankulovski would replace him as DL intead of AML.
Gravesen has been very good too, and will be useful when Gerrard get tired
or injured.
Figo done great, but I rather prefer to be successful on Joaquin bid.

--

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:10:46 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:

> Em Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:19:22 +0100, Daniel Marsh
> <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:
>
>> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:29:19 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:
>>
>>> Well, after my unfortunated spell at Wigan, I'm replacing Wanderley
>>> Luxemburgo, and hopefully will give some honours to the Galaticos!
>>>
>>> Main changes:
>>> Hired Zagallo as my assistant manager.
>>> Filé, personal Ronaldo's physio was signed too.
>>

>> Weight loss must not be his speciality.
>>

> lol
>
> in fact meanwhile Ronaldo is on Intl's Owen is scoring plenty.
> but I'm a Ronaldo fan, and the place belongs to him, as a matter of fact
> I've reject an offer from Chelsea of ¤65M for him!

Was the offer made as £1m for each half stone?

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Em Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:34:36 +0100, Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:10:46 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:
>
>> Em Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:19:22 +0100, Daniel Marsh
>> <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

>>> Weight loss must not be his speciality.
>>>

>> lol
>>
>> in fact meanwhile Ronaldo is on Intl's Owen is scoring plenty.
>> but I'm a Ronaldo fan, and the place belongs to him, as a matter of fact
>> I've reject an offer from Chelsea of ¤65M for him!
>
> Was the offer made as £1m for each half stone?

you wish Gunners could have him alongside Henry

--

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:47:47 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:

> Em Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:34:36 +0100, Daniel Marsh
> <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:10:46 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:

>>> lol
>>>
>>> in fact meanwhile Ronaldo is on Intl's Owen is scoring plenty.
>>> but I'm a Ronaldo fan, and the place belongs to him, as a matter of fact
>>> I've reject an offer from Chelsea of ¤65M for him!
>>
>> Was the offer made as £1m for each half stone?
>>

> you wish Gunners could have him alongside Henry

Only to evenly distribute the weight on the teambus..

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Em Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:52:46 +0100, Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:47:47 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:
>
>> Em Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:34:36 +0100, Daniel Marsh
>> <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

>>> Was the offer made as £1m for each half stone?
>>>

>> you wish Gunners could have him alongside Henry
>
> Only to evenly distribute the weight on the teambus..

lier

--

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:02:14 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:

> Em Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:52:46 +0100, Daniel Marsh
> <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:47:47 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:

>>> you wish Gunners could have him alongside Henry
>>
>> Only to evenly distribute the weight on the teambus..
>>

> lier

I am sorry..

We need him to sit in the middle of the plane on charter flights more..

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Em Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:07:51 -0300, Eduardo Liguori
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:

> Em Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:09:51 -0300, Eduardo Liguori
> <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:
>
>> That is the team for first half of season:
>>> GK Casillas/Cesar/Andrea Guatelli (loaned out)
>>> DR M Salgado/Cafu
>>> DL R Carlos/R Bravo
>>> DC I Helguera/D Bonera/Pavon/Vanden Borre (loaned out)
>>> DC W Samuel/A Mejia/Vagner Leonardelli (loaned out)
>>> MR Figo/D Beckham
>>> ML M Jankulovski/H Solari
>>> MC S Gerrard/T Gravesen
>>> MC Z Zidane/T Rosicky/Guti
>>> SC Raul/Cavenaghi/Portillo
>>> SC Ronaldo/M Owen
>>>
>> Cesar will go to Valencia for free, Rosicky came for ¤29M
>> Guatelli will replace Cesar, 300k from Parma.
>> Prolly will try to sell Figo and have an open offer for Joaquin (¤89M)
>> to next season.
>>
>> After 19 games we're top alongside Barcelona.
>> Madrid 19 15/1/3 46 points
>> Barça 19 14/4/1 46 points
>>
>> we've lost to Zaragoza, Valencia and Betis
>> Barça lost only to Real Madrid @Bernabeu
>>
>> good fight...
>>

> btw have extended the contracts of Cafu and Raul Bravo, renewed Helguera
> contract and Portillo + Guti just dislike me. Portillo holds a
> promissing tag, I'd like to loan him out so he could come back better as
> he has few chances with the 4 strikers I have. Guti also could be loaned
> out as I intend to give Zidane another season. Mejia will be sold or
> loaned out if Borre or Vagner could fit better next season.
> Pavon has been good each opportunity that arises. Robinho is pre-signed
> and I don't know what to do with him, maybe will be obeyed to loan him
> out too.
> The great surprise is how good Solari has been playing. We will need
> another left winger only after Roberto Carlos end his spell at Madrid,
> so Jankulovski would replace him as DL intead of AML.
> Gravesen has been very good too, and will be useful when Gerrard get
> tired or injured.
> Figo done great, but I rather prefer to be successful on Joaquin bid.

after 24 games, Barcelona opened 4 points after we lost another game and
draw a couple. :-(
We will face Valencia at Copa Del Rey semi-final, and PSV at UEFA Cup 2nd
Rd.
I'm starting to be afraid that I can emulate Galaticos failure...

Joaquin accepted our offer of ¤85M, now I hope next season budget will
aford this insane offer :)

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

GK Casillas/Cesar/Andrea Guatelli (loaned out)
DR M Salgado/Cafu
DL R Carlos/R Bravo
DC I Helguera/D Bonera/Pavon/Vanden Borre (loaned out)
DC W Samuel/A Mejia/Vagner Leonardelli (loaned out)
MR Figo/D Beckham
ML H Solari/M Jankulovski
MC S Gerrard/T Gravesen
MC Z Zidane/T Rosicky/Guti
SC Raul/Cavenaghi/Portillo
SC M Owen/Ronaldo

We trail Barcelona 5 points now, after we lost at Nou Camp 0:1 at 84min!
With only 8 matches to go, I'm suspicious we won't win it. :-(
Will yet face Valencia for the Spanish Cup semi-finals
Will now face Leverkusen for UEFA Cup semi-finals

--

Daniel Marsh wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:02:14 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:
>

>>Em Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:52:46 +0100, Daniel Marsh
>><danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

>>>Only to evenly distribute the weight on the teambus..
>>>

>>lier
>

> I am sorry..
>
> We need him to sit in the middle of the plane on charter flights more..

Could that be where DB got his fear of flying?! heh

--
Champions!!!!

The Records...

Most Points - 95
Most Wins - 29
Least Goals conceded - 15
Most Cleansheets - 25
Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes

Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:11:22 +0100, Toby Briggs wrote:

> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:02:14 -0300, Eduardo Liguori wrote:

>>>lier
>>

>> I am sorry..
>>
>> We need him to sit in the middle of the plane on charter flights more..
>>

> Could that be where DB got his fear of flying?! heh

Yes, they told him that they would need to give Ron his in flight meal, so
he refused to fly.

--
- / - Daniel - / -