cant get into windows missing file

June 11, 2005 10:08:47 PM

i was just at my friends house sorting out his computer, all i was doing
was arranging files cleaning out folders ect, i must have deleted a
system file or something becuase after i restarted the computer it gave
me this message,:

file NTLDR missing press CTRL ALT DELETE to restart windows

ok so i tried fixing this by putting in the windows xp disc and then
restarting, it would not read the disc, it just went back to the
message, so i tried to get into bios to sort it out, but i dont know
which key i have to hit to enter bios it doesnt say

by accident i got into bios i dont know how, then it asked me for a
password, we have never setup a password for bios.

the computer was bought from an independant computer shop, the guy
built the computer for us, he must have setup the password! or is there
a standard password for bios?

im not very good at explaining things so if someone understands my
dilema i would be more than grateful for some help.

thanks

--
untilted

More about : windows missing file

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 10:08:48 PM

"untilted" <untilted.1qh31u@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> i was just at my friends house sorting out his computer, all i was
> doing
> was arranging files cleaning out folders ect, i must have deleted a
> system file or something becuase after i restarted the computer it
> gave
> me this message,:
>
> file NTLDR missing press CTRL ALT DELETE to restart windows

An NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM Not Found Error
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555304

--
William