cant get into windows missing file

i was just at my friends house sorting out his computer, all i was doing
was arranging files cleaning out folders ect, i must have deleted a
system file or something becuase after i restarted the computer it gave
me this message,:

file NTLDR missing press CTRL ALT DELETE to restart windows

ok so i tried fixing this by putting in the windows xp disc and then
restarting, it would not read the disc, it just went back to the
message, so i tried to get into bios to sort it out, but i dont know
which key i have to hit to enter bios it doesnt say

by accident i got into bios i dont know how, then it asked me for a
password, we have never setup a password for bios.

the computer was bought from an independant computer shop, the guy
built the computer for us, he must have setup the password! or is there
a standard password for bios?

im not very good at explaining things so if someone understands my
dilema i would be more than grateful for some help.

thanks

--
untilted
1 answer Last reply

    "untilted" <untilted.1qh31u@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > i was just at my friends house sorting out his computer, all i was
    > doing
    > was arranging files cleaning out folders ect, i must have deleted a
    > system file or something becuase after i restarted the computer it
    > gave
    > me this message,:
    >
    > file NTLDR missing press CTRL ALT DELETE to restart windows

    An NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM Not Found Error
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555304

    --
    William

BIOS Computers Windows XP