tech: PONG PADDLESS

If you haven't already, look at this document:

www.cityofberwyn.com/bronzeage/VGLvol1.pdf

It goes into a lot of detail about the pong-type games and there is a
chapter on paddle circuits.

Timothy

ok, ok.
PCB now works (troubleshooting has been very hard without schematics...
and the layout is quite different from ATARI PONG PCB).

Next project?
I've some cinematronics PCBs not working....
So, pay attention to next messages... ;-)

mmmm....
probably another "little problem"....
when the game end (score=15) the game reset instead of entering in
attract mode...

Can anyone tells me what heppens when the game end?
Thank you...

Marco
www.vernimark.com/arcade

I'm not sure the game resets, it's like a "free play" mode.

yes.
and the video sync is lost for a very short time (just a frame)

:
: Can anyone tells me what heppens when the game end?
: Thank you...

In pong, the game resets :)

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Sorry, it was my fault. NC coin wire was broken... Now it works...
:p

vernimark <vernimark@vernimark.com> wrote:
: I'm not sure the game resets, it's like a "free play" mode.

Ahh...

So you mean the scores re-zero, and the paddles don't disappear?

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

mark

First they disappear.Then they reappear 9 times to actuate the field lever.
"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
> vernimark <vernimark@vernimark.com> wrote:
> : I'm not sure the game resets, it's like a "free play" mode.
>
> Ahh...
>
> So you mean the scores re-zero, and the paddles don't disappear?
>

> --
> Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

In fact it's strange. The game starts even if NC is not plugged...

It's a pitty that schematics for this PCB don't exist.

In fact it's strange. The game starts even if NC is not plugged...

It's a pitty that schematics for this PCB don't exist.

In fact it's strange. The game starts even if NC is not plugged...

It's a pitty that schematics for this PCB don't exist.

vernimark <vernimark@vernimark.com> wrote:
: yes.
: and the video sync is lost for a very short time (just a frame)

Ah... sounds like your "Stop Game" signal (B2:3 on pong), is incorrectly
triggering ~SRST from the coin circuit.

Probably a bad diode or transistor around Q1-3.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

vernimark <vernimark@vernimark.com> wrote:
: Sorry, it was my fault. NC coin wire was broken... Now it works...
: :p

That's odd... all the pongs I've played with won't start until the NC coin
input is grounded...