Computer keeps dying

my lovely vaio (xp) with plenty of HD space and no virus' is running dyingly
slow, if at all, and without warning likes to go ahead and die on me, its
only 6 months old so i find it rather strange, any ideas what might be wrong
and how to fix it???
1 answer Last reply
More about computer dying

    "louisiana" <louisiana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my lovely vaio (xp) with plenty of HD space and no virus' is running
    > dyingly
    > slow, if at all, and without warning likes to go ahead and die on me, its
    > only 6 months old so i find it rather strange, any ideas what might be
    > wrong
    > and how to fix it???

    Are you sure your a-v software is up to date. If not there is a free a-v
    program called AVG you can try.
    You didnt mention spyware tools. Get Adaware and Spybot.

    Both are freeware spyware tools, and can scan and remove most spyware. You
    can get paid-for versions but the free ones are all you'll need.

    http://www.lavasoft.de/

Computers Windows XP