Which Vid Card for Dell 1905fp??

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b C Monitor
March 24, 2005 3:13:07 PM

I got a great deal at Dell's small business on a 19" Ultra 1905 last night
and will be buying at Dell 8400 at the Outlet and wondered which video card
will be better for this monitor the 128MB PCI Expressx16 ATI Radeon X300 SE
or the 256MB PCI ExpressTM x16 Nvidia GeForce 6800? I plan on connecting via
DVI, is the 256 worth the upgrade with this monitor.. Also one Outlet
question, if the SB Live or Audiogy is not listed as being on the computer
does this mean it has an onboard integrated sound card?? Sound quality isn't
a big issue for I plan on using the sound bar from dell that attaches to the
monitor so great sound isn't a real possibility with those speakers.. just
kind of worried since I heard stories of integrated sound cards going south
and not being able to disable them to install a new slot card.. any truth to
this??

More about : vid card dell 1905fp

March 24, 2005 3:13:08 PM

It will have integrated sound. The sound can
be disabled in the bios should you want to
add a pci soundcard.
Dave
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
March 24, 2005 9:00:45 PM

"Pinger" <Pinger@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I got a great deal at Dell's small business on a 19" Ultra 1905 last night
>and will be buying at Dell 8400 at the Outlet and wondered which video card
>will be better for this monitor the 128MB PCI Expressx16 ATI Radeon X300 SE
>or the 256MB PCI ExpressTM x16 Nvidia GeForce 6800? I plan on connecting
>via DVI, is the 256 worth the upgrade with this monitor.. Also one Outlet
>question, if the SB Live or Audiogy is not listed as being on the computer
>does this mean it has an onboard integrated sound card?? Sound quality
>isn't a big issue for I plan on using the sound bar from dell that attaches
>to the monitor so great sound isn't a real possibility with those
>speakers.. just kind of worried since I heard stories of integrated sound
>cards going south and not being able to disable them to install a new slot
>card.. any truth to this??

The only applications that use the extra 128MB are games. If you're not a
serious gamer, than the X300 is just fine.

Tom
!