Norton Anti Virus Threat

I keep getting that I am at risk from hack tool run32dll sckeylogger located
in C;\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32. I managed to delete the exe aspect from the threat
list, by turning off rundll processe in task manager, turning off system
restore, running windows in safe mode and deleting run32dll from registry,
then running norton again in safe mode. I then logged on as normal, ran anti
virus again and was able to delete run32dll.exe, but cannot delete\repair or
quarentine run32dll. Anyone know how to get rid of it?
--
cgee

Try Trend Micro's Sysclean package (free), it's capable of eliminating
keyloggers, trojans etc. Full instructions at:

Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

Trend Micro Sysclean package
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820

AVG Anti-Virus: (freeware)
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php

Free Online Virus Scanners and Security Tests:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Scanners.htm

The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php

How to manage Windows Startup?:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"cgee" <cgee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting that I am at risk from hack tool run32dll sckeylogger
>located
> in C;\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32. I managed to delete the exe aspect from the
> threat
> list, by turning off rundll processe in task manager, turning off system
> restore, running windows in safe mode and deleting run32dll from registry,
> then running norton again in safe mode. I then logged on as normal, ran
> anti
> virus again and was able to delete run32dll.exe, but cannot delete\repair
> or
> quarentine run32dll. Anyone know how to get rid of it?
> --
> cgee

Thanks. Downloaded sysclean and said I needed pattern LPT$VPN*. Downloaded
and unzipped but when I run sysclean says it can't find pattern. Ran sysclean
anyway and leaves text in My Documentss that delete failed on the hack tool.
--
cgee

"cgee" wrote:

> I keep getting that I am at risk from hack tool run32dll sckeylogger located
> in C;\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32. I managed to delete the exe aspect from the threat
> list, by turning off rundll processe in task manager, turning off system
> restore, running windows in safe mode and deleting run32dll from registry,
> then running norton again in safe mode. I then logged on as normal, ran anti
> virus again and was able to delete run32dll.exe, but cannot delete\repair or
> quarentine run32dll. Anyone know how to get rid of it?
> --
> cgee

cgee,

See if running from Safe Mode helps.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

> Thanks. Downloaded sysclean and said I needed pattern LPT$VPN*.
> Downloaded
> and unzipped but when I run sysclean says it can't find pattern. Ran
> sysclean
> anyway and leaves text in My Documentss that delete failed on the hack
> tool.
> --
> cgee
>

> "cgee" wrote:
>
>> I keep getting that I am at risk from hack tool run32dll sckeylogger
>> located
>> in C;\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32. I managed to delete the exe aspect from the
>> threat
>> list, by turning off rundll processe in task manager, turning off system
>> restore, running windows in safe mode and deleting run32dll from
>> registry,
>> then running norton again in safe mode. I then logged on as normal, ran
>> anti
>> virus again and was able to delete run32dll.exe, but cannot
>> delete\repair or
>> quarentine run32dll. Anyone know how to get rid of it?
>> --
>> cgee

TRENDING THREADS