disk defrag problems

When I try to Defrag it wont let me saying that it can't access all of the
files which are NTFC. What has gone wrong and how do I fix it. Help please.
Keep it simple I'm not great with PC's. Thanx

You have your screen saver running.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D14E886-AF9F-4166-9E4D-7BE6ED7731E1@microsoft.com...
> When I try to Defrag it wont let me saying that it can't access all of the
> files which are NTFC. What has gone wrong and how do I fix it. Help please.
> Keep it simple I'm not great with PC's. Thanx

thanks. Disabled screensaver but still no joy. I have tried defragging but
the damn thing still will not start. Any other ideas. For info when I click
analyze it says

Disk defragmenter has detected that Chkdisk is scheduled to run on the
volume Win_XP home (C:) please run chkdisk.

I have run chkdisk with no problems but I still can't defrag. Help !!!

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> You have your screen saver running.
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D14E886-AF9F-4166-9E4D-7BE6ED7731E1@microsoft.com...
> > When I try to Defrag it wont let me saying that it can't access all of the
> > files which are NTFC. What has gone wrong and how do I fix it. Help please.
> > Keep it simple I'm not great with PC's. Thanx

The registry entry at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute may have an entry for
'autocheck' which can be removed.

--
Mark L. Ferguson