disk defrag problems

When I try to Defrag it wont let me saying that it can't access all of the
files which are NTFC. What has gone wrong and how do I fix it. Help please.
Keep it simple I'm not great with PC's. Thanx
3 answers Last reply
More about disk defrag problems

    You have your screen saver running.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D14E886-AF9F-4166-9E4D-7BE6ED7731E1@microsoft.com...
    > When I try to Defrag it wont let me saying that it can't access all of the
    > files which are NTFC. What has gone wrong and how do I fix it. Help please.
    > Keep it simple I'm not great with PC's. Thanx

    thanks. Disabled screensaver but still no joy. I have tried defragging but
    the damn thing still will not start. Any other ideas. For info when I click
    analyze it says

    Disk defragmenter has detected that Chkdisk is scheduled to run on the
    volume Win_XP home (C:) please run chkdisk.

    I have run chkdisk with no problems but I still can't defrag. Help !!!

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > You have your screen saver running.
    >
    > --
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D14E886-AF9F-4166-9E4D-7BE6ED7731E1@microsoft.com...
    > > When I try to Defrag it wont let me saying that it can't access all of the
    > > files which are NTFC. What has gone wrong and how do I fix it. Help please.
    > > Keep it simple I'm not great with PC's. Thanx

    The registry entry at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute may have an entry for
    'autocheck' which can be removed.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65FEF601-4BD7-4D14-BBF3-A53D63C630E4@microsoft.com...
    > thanks. Disabled screensaver but still no joy. I have tried defragging but
    > the damn thing still will not start. Any other ideas. For info when I click
    > analyze it says
    >
    > Disk defragmenter has detected that Chkdisk is scheduled to run on the
    > volume Win_XP home (C:) please run chkdisk.
    >
    > I have run chkdisk with no problems but I still can't defrag. Help !!!
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> You have your screen saver running.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mark L. Ferguson
    >> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    >> "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D14E886-AF9F-4166-9E4D-7BE6ED7731E1@microsoft.com...
    >> > When I try to Defrag it wont let me saying that it can't access all of the
    >> > files which are NTFC. What has gone wrong and how do I fix it. Help please.
    >> > Keep it simple I'm not great with PC's. Thanx

Support Defragment Microsoft Windows XP