Chinese in filename and in programs.....

i have a few games in chinese that i would like to play but installing is
nearly impossible because when i try to install the chinese character come
out all weird and crazy. also when i right click on chinese files that i have
and instead of having a proper filename, they're names come out all weird
(some are just an underlines or blanks, followed by readable english and
numerical characters...) i no they are english cuz i check on my other
computer tha has chinese installed (forgot how i did it...) can anyone plz
help and is there a patch i can find on msn...?

thx links r appreicated.
3 answers Last reply
More about chinese filename programs

    well to add mroe background info to the question is that i'm on windows media
    centre and i have tried the install east asia language method but that didnt
    work so.....

    "dum_hobo" wrote:

    > i have a few games in chinese that i would like to play but installing is
    > nearly impossible because when i try to install the chinese character come
    > out all weird and crazy. also when i right click on chinese files that i have
    > and instead of having a proper filename, they're names come out all weird
    > (some are just an underlines or blanks, followed by readable english and
    > numerical characters...) i no they are english cuz i check on my other
    > computer tha has chinese installed (forgot how i did it...) can anyone plz
    > help and is there a patch i can find on msn...?
    >
    > thx links r appreicated.

    NJWIN CJK Viewer for Windows 3.1/95/98/ME/NT/XP
    http://www.njstar.com/njwin/

    Installing and Using Microsoft's Chinese/Japanese IME
    http://www.declan-software.com/
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "dum_hobo" wrote:

    > well to add mroe background info to the question is that i'm on windows media
    > centre and i have tried the install east asia language method but that didnt
    > work so.....
    >
    > "dum_hobo" wrote:
    >
    > > i have a few games in chinese that i would like to play but installing is
    > > nearly impossible because when i try to install the chinese character come
    > > out all weird and crazy. also when i right click on chinese files that i have
    > > and instead of having a proper filename, they're names come out all weird
    > > (some are just an underlines or blanks, followed by readable english and
    > > numerical characters...) i no they are english cuz i check on my other
    > > computer tha has chinese installed (forgot how i did it...) can anyone plz
    > > help and is there a patch i can find on msn...?
    > >
    > > thx links r appreicated.

    Did you set the Language for Non-unicode program as Chinese Traditional in
    the Regional and Language Options ?

    --
    Kenrick Fu
    MS MVP (IE/OE)

    "dum_hobo" <dum_hobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > well to add mroe background info to the question is that i'm on windows
    > media
    > centre and i have tried the install east asia language method but that
    > didnt
    > work so.....
    >
    > "dum_hobo" wrote:
    >
    >> i have a few games in chinese that i would like to play but installing is
    >> nearly impossible because when i try to install the chinese character
    >> come
    >> out all weird and crazy. also when i right click on chinese files that i
    >> have
    >> and instead of having a proper filename, they're names come out all weird
    >> (some are just an underlines or blanks, followed by readable english and
    >> numerical characters...) i no they are english cuz i check on my other
    >> computer tha has chinese installed (forgot how i did it...) can anyone
    >> plz
    >> help and is there a patch i can find on msn...?
    >>
    >> thx links r appreicated.

Filename Windows XP