Swith Users Problem/Favorites Problem-Freeze

Hello,
This place is quite active, and I am glad to see that. I own a Dell 4600
Demension computer, it was purchased about a year and a half ago. I recently
reinstalled Windows on it, and reinstalled the drivers/utilities that were
needed, with the help of a Dell expert. I have Windows XP right now. I have
the Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE for my spyware protection, and I have the AVG from
Grifsoft for my virus protection. I scan my computer every night, and I keep
all my databases up-to-date. Recently, my computer was infected with the
Trojan Backdoor.SdBot virus, and I looked on the Norton Antiviruses website
to get rid of it and fix the computer. So now, at this time, I believe my
computer is clean. Here are the problems I am experiencing at this time.
There are 5 users that use this computer. When I go to start>logoff>switch
user, and then I click on another user account, it will say, "loading
personal settings" for about 1 minute, and then it will show the desktop with
the blue bar at the bottom and the computer will freeze up (the start button
does not appear, it is just a blue bar). After talking with Dell, I did the
run of "msconfig" and made it so only certain items startup on the startup,
but this didnt work. It sometimes will freeze, and other times the computer
will work fine. I have noticed that it usually will freeze after the computer
has been sitting on for maybe 1-2 hours.
My second problem is also a freezing problem. When I am online, after
you have been on 30 minutes or more, when I click the favorites button to add
something to favorites, the window will freeze, and I have to close the IE
and then open up the new window. This problem only occurs sometimes, but not
every single time I am online. I was told by Dell that is sounds like a
spyware problem, but it seems I do not have any spyware.

Are these 2 problems of mine familiar to anyone here? I'd love to get them
fixed as soon as possible. Please email me at pjksportscards@gmail.com if you
can help. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks for the read!
Patrick - Colorado, USA

Also, mine is the Windows XP home edition. Thanks