Sign in with
Your question

So I saw this laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 9, 2012 6:33:30 PM

http://www.staples.com/HP-g6-2123-us-156-Laptop/product...
There's the link, think it would be any good for some light gaming when I'm not at home and doing school work? I suppose I should mention I'd like to keep it under 500$ U.S. and that one ended up at like 350 after a 50$ rebate.

More about : laptop

October 9, 2012 6:38:57 PM

Let me give you my person opinion, I would avoid an HP laptop. Also, I would shell out a couple more dollars for an A8 APU instead of the A6. A month ago I saw a Lenovo Ideapad with an A8 and 6GB of RAM for like $429.
m
l
October 9, 2012 6:44:17 PM

I would get an intel SB/IB based laptop but that's just me. You can find those for under $400 as well.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
October 9, 2012 7:12:21 PM

kawininjazx said:
Let me give you my person opinion, I would avoid an HP laptop. Also, I would shell out a couple more dollars for an A8 APU instead of the A6. A month ago I saw a Lenovo Ideapad with an A8 and 6GB of RAM for like $429.

I believe this is the one you saw.It's really good for the price.Too bad it's out of stock.
m
l
October 9, 2012 7:14:34 PM

ehanger said:
I would get an intel SB/IB based laptop but that's just me. You can find those for under $400 as well.

Personal preferance I would avoid them (sandy Bridge/ Ivy Bridge aka Intel) at your price range, this is a much better laptop from a better manufacturer currently it is $487. The 7660G is proably enough to do medium gaming on, and the a10-4600M is powerful enough, for most anything you through at it. As powerfull as Intel processors proably not, but it is a steal of a deal.
m
l
October 9, 2012 7:20:18 PM

chad2625 said:
Personal preferance I would avoid them (sandy Bridge/ Ivy Bridge aka Intel) at your price range, this is a much better laptop from a better manufacturer currently it is $487. The 7660G is proably enough to do medium gaming on, and the a10-4600M is powerful enough, for most anything you through at it. As powerfull as Intel processors proably not, but it is a steal of a deal.

That one is out of stock, I wish I had seen it sooner though.
Here's another one laptop I saw, but it has less ram and a better processor http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus---K-Series-15.6%26%233...
m
l
October 10, 2012 3:32:07 AM

mackinator said:
That one is out of stock, I wish I had seen it sooner though.
Here's another one laptop I saw, but it has less ram and a better processor http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus---K-Series-15.6%26%233...

Thanks will probably be a great computer I like the Processor, the GPU will be pretty good too. This will be a surprisingly powerful little computer
m
l
October 10, 2012 11:24:54 PM

Should I just wait and see the deals from black friday and stuff since i dont need it right now, i just want one lol
m
l
October 11, 2012 1:14:19 AM

mackinator said:
Should I just wait and see the deals from black friday and stuff since i dont need it right now, i just want one lol

ok so i work retail let me tell you dont wait sure you might get what ur looking for but the stuff we get is junk cheapest of cheap. we only carry it once, i would invest money on a computer if the seller carried it everyday.
m
l
!