Laptop doesn't monitor ports anymore

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've just helped my laptop (running XP Pro) to recover from BSoDs
caused by a faulty driver. There are still some problems. The laptop
doesn't respond when I insert my USB memory unit, though it does
recognize it if the unit is inserted when I start (or restart)
WIndows. Also, the system tray icon for safe removal is gone.
Similarly, there is no response when I insert my 3Com WLAN PC Card.
No lights, no connection.

What should I do?

Richard

Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the USB Hub device(s), Action menu, "Uninstall", then restart Windows, to find the
device drivers again automatically.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Richard" <rhknoff@yahoo.no> wrote in message news:Xns967381D8EBE2Drhknoffonlineno@193.213.112.19...
> I've just helped my laptop (running XP Pro) to recover from BSoDs
> caused by a faulty driver. There are still some problems. The laptop
> doesn't respond when I insert my USB memory unit, though it does
> recognize it if the unit is inserted when I start (or restart)
> WIndows. Also, the system tray icon for safe removal is gone.
> Similarly, there is no response when I insert my 3Com WLAN PC Card.
> No lights, no connection.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Richard

Richard