Computer hangs on startup following change of monitor

Following a recent change of monitor my computer now hangs at the windows
logo screen. It also hangs during startup in safe mode and when trying to
boot fromthe windows CD. Please help!!!

Boot from the XP setup CD, to see if it works at all.

If so, try an Upgrade setup.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Sasquatch" <Sasquatch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E641576-9C65-4E33-A3C0-EDA2EBC0A312@microsoft.com...
> Following a recent change of monitor my computer now hangs at the windows
> logo screen. It also hangs during startup in safe mode and when trying to
> boot fromthe windows CD. Please help!!!

I have tried booting from the setup disk - this hangs halfway through
I have tried booting in safe mode - same result. I have even tried booting
from a boot floppy disk with no success. I continually get to the windows
logo screen and then the computer freezes with the "progress bar" in various
positions. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Sasquatch

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Boot from the XP setup CD, to see if it works at all.
>
> If so, try an Upgrade setup.
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Sasquatch" <Sasquatch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E641576-9C65-4E33-A3C0-EDA2EBC0A312@microsoft.com...
> > Following a recent change of monitor my computer now hangs at the windows
> > logo screen. It also hangs during startup in safe mode and when trying to
> > boot fromthe windows CD. Please help!!!

A system that won't boot to CD has some piece of damaged or incompatible hardware that needs repair or replacement. My guess would
be that the BIOS needs to be reinstalled, or upgraded.

How to boot from a CD:

Mark L. Ferguson
"Sasquatch" <Sasquatch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0312FB8E-1360-4810-9D5F-DDBECE30592C@microsoft.com...
> I have tried booting from the setup disk - this hangs halfway through
> I have tried booting in safe mode - same result. I have even tried booting
> from a boot floppy disk with no success. I continually get to the windows
> logo screen and then the computer freezes with the "progress bar" in various
> positions. Any ideas would be appreciated!
>
> Sasquatch
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Boot from the XP setup CD, to see if it works at all.
>>
>> If so, try an Upgrade setup.
>>
>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> "Sasquatch" <Sasquatch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E641576-9C65-4E33-A3C0-EDA2EBC0A312@microsoft.com...
>> > Following a recent change of monitor my computer now hangs at the windows
>> > logo screen. It also hangs during startup in safe mode and when trying to
>> > boot fromthe windows CD. Please help!!!

Just to clarify the problem a little, I tried booting from the Windows XP
setup disk again a couple of times. I first tried the Automated System
Recovery - the computer froze almost as soon as this was selected. I then let
the computer try to boot up from the CD - it went through the process of
I even tried another startup in Safe Mode - the screen showed command lines
referring to drivers but stopped when it reached
"Windows/system32/drivers/Mup.sys" Coincidently the "Num Lock" on the
keyboard went out at the same time.

Does this help focus in on the problem?

Sasquatch

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> A system that won't boot to CD has some piece of damaged or incompatible hardware that needs repair or replacement. My guess would
> be that the BIOS needs to be reinstalled, or upgraded.
>
> How to boot from a CD:
> http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000217.htm
>

> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Sasquatch" <Sasquatch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0312FB8E-1360-4810-9D5F-DDBECE30592C@microsoft.com...
> > I have tried booting from the setup disk - this hangs halfway through
> > I have tried booting in safe mode - same result. I have even tried booting
> > from a boot floppy disk with no success. I continually get to the windows
> > logo screen and then the computer freezes with the "progress bar" in various
> > positions. Any ideas would be appreciated!
> >
> > Sasquatch
> >
> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> Boot from the XP setup CD, to see if it works at all.
> >>
> >> If so, try an Upgrade setup.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark L. Ferguson
> >> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

mark19quin

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Hi guys!!! I'm having the same Problem!!! My computer keeps on freezing during startup or during reformatting.. I cant boot to cd because it freezes during the loading of drivers and etc.. And Can't go to repair window screen because of the same freeze thing.. And sometimes it goes to welcome screen but hangs there.. Did anyone know what this is? Or maybe have a solution that might work or that really works .. Someone says my computer is heating up that's way it freezes and needs more ventilation.. Done that and to no avail.. I even buy a new heat sink and fan but still hangs... Ihave D33007 board P3 AMD Athlon.