Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ineed of help please.

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 12, 2005 2:48:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Ok for some reason i had this blue wallpaper which said the system is down or
something but it was something to do with me getting viruses, but i have
gotten rid of them all and now i am having some problem in which i need
assistance on:

When i try bringing up the task manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE) a pop up appears
saying Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator.
Is there any way of fixing this?

After i got rid of the blue wallpaper screen thing, my desktop also seems to
be disable as i cannot acess it from the desktop > properties section. And i
cannot display a wallpaper...

Is there anyway in fixing these 2 errors?

More about : ineed

June 12, 2005 2:48:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Well, it is an easy fix........Yake your thing-a-ma-bob, out and scrub it
with a do-hickey, then place the whatcha-ma-call-it near the other part
(close to the thing-a-ma-bob).
Turn of the do-dad and it should be OK.
Did you get all that???
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 3:06:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Go to Start > Run and type
control userpasswords2
click OK

Do you see your account named?

If yes, is it a member of the Administrators group?

If not, then that is your problem (although I believe you might get by with
the Power User group).

So you need to log on to an accout with Administrator privileges and change
'your' account privileges to Administrator - or at least to Power User.

--
Michael



"Taz" <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:09DC4807-86CC-4130-B170-70C129A4C386@microsoft.com...
> Ok for some reason i had this blue wallpaper which said the system is down
> or
> something but it was something to do with me getting viruses, but i have
> gotten rid of them all and now i am having some problem in which i need
> assistance on:
>
> When i try bringing up the task manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE) a pop up appears
> saying Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator.
> Is there any way of fixing this?
>
> After i got rid of the blue wallpaper screen thing, my desktop also seems
> to
> be disable as i cannot acess it from the desktop > properties section. And
> i
> cannot display a wallpaper...
>
> Is there anyway in fixing these 2 errors?
Related resources
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 5:07:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Be very certain you have completely cleaned out all virii & malware. What AV & utilities have you run?
Follow the fix protocol at Aumha.org
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

If you got a blue screen with a STOP number, that was a message from Windows & NOT a wallpaper.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----


Taz wrote:
> Ok for some reason i had this blue wallpaper which said the system is
> down or something but it was something to do with me getting viruses,
> but i have gotten rid of them all and now i am having some problem in
> which i need assistance on:
>
> When i try bringing up the task manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE) a pop up
> appears saying Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator.
> Is there any way of fixing this?
>
> After i got rid of the blue wallpaper screen thing, my desktop also
> seems to be disable as i cannot acess it from the desktop >
> properties section. And i cannot display a wallpaper...
>
> Is there anyway in fixing these 2 errors?
June 12, 2005 5:07:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Yea i am an admin, and yes i knew that was a windows message thing...

lol so what do i do in order to make my task manager come up, and how do i
make my desktop wallpaper Accessible?

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Be very certain you have completely cleaned out all virii & malware. What AV & utilities have you run?
> Follow the fix protocol at Aumha.org
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>
> If you got a blue screen with a STOP number, that was a message from Windows & NOT a wallpaper.
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
>
> Taz wrote:
> > Ok for some reason i had this blue wallpaper which said the system is
> > down or something but it was something to do with me getting viruses,
> > but i have gotten rid of them all and now i am having some problem in
> > which i need assistance on:
> >
> > When i try bringing up the task manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE) a pop up
> > appears saying Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator.
> > Is there any way of fixing this?
> >
> > After i got rid of the blue wallpaper screen thing, my desktop also
> > seems to be disable as i cannot acess it from the desktop >
> > properties section. And i cannot display a wallpaper...
> >
> > Is there anyway in fixing these 2 errors?
>
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 6:04:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"Taz" <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2027CA58-9FC8-4C6B-8E17-571FCE385A5F@microsoft.com...
> So what do i do in order to make my task manager come up?

If you are running XP Professional, then this error may be due to the Task
Manager restrictions in place. To disable TaskManager restrictions:


For XP Professional:
1.. Click Start | Run.
2.. Enter gpedit.msc at the command line and click OK.
3.. Select User Configuration | Administrative Templates | System |
Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options | Remove Task Manager.
4.. Double-click the Remove Task Manager option from the Group Policy
menu. You can then disable, enable, or set the policy to Not Configured.
Remember: Since the policy in question is called Remove Task Manager, by
disabling the policy, you are actually enabling the Task Manager.

* Disabling or setting this policy to Not Configured might solve the
problem. *


For XP Home & Pro:
Set the DisableTaskMgr value to "0"
http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/163/

===Automated Fix===
See Tip 275 in MVP Kelly's site:
Lift Restrictions - TM, Regedit and CMD
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Enable/Disable Task Manager:
http://dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

--

Michael
June 13, 2005 5:13:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Oh wow thanks it works now well kinda... It now comes up with:

Windows TaskManager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience.

This happens to some of my virus scanning programs.

I also went for another scan, got rid of more viruses, and when i went to
log back in my old wallpaper came back, YAY. But i can't access the
background in the desktop area (Properties).

Any clue on whats going on!?

"Michael T" wrote:

> "Taz" <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2027CA58-9FC8-4C6B-8E17-571FCE385A5F@microsoft.com...
> > So what do i do in order to make my task manager come up?
>
> If you are running XP Professional, then this error may be due to the Task
> Manager restrictions in place. To disable TaskManager restrictions:
>
>
> For XP Professional:
> 1.. Click Start | Run.
> 2.. Enter gpedit.msc at the command line and click OK.
> 3.. Select User Configuration | Administrative Templates | System |
> Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options | Remove Task Manager.
> 4.. Double-click the Remove Task Manager option from the Group Policy
> menu. You can then disable, enable, or set the policy to Not Configured.
> Remember: Since the policy in question is called Remove Task Manager, by
> disabling the policy, you are actually enabling the Task Manager.
>
> * Disabling or setting this policy to Not Configured might solve the
> problem. *
>
>
> For XP Home & Pro:
> Set the DisableTaskMgr value to "0"
> http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/163/
>
> ===Automated Fix===
> See Tip 275 in MVP Kelly's site:
> Lift Restrictions - TM, Regedit and CMD
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>
> Enable/Disable Task Manager:
> http://dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm
>
> --
>
> Michael
>
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 7:49:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"Taz" <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:21449A7F-E096-4B72-876D-05EEF6769C63@microsoft.com...
> But I can't access the
> background in the desktop area (Properties).
>
> Any clue on what's going on!?
>

What do you mean by "I can't access the background in the desktop area
(Properties)"?

If you mean the tab for Desktop is missing, run Kelly's registry tweak
(line 128 - right column) at
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Given the fact you still have multiple problems and you HAVE found some
viruses I would consider running your antivirus program in Safe Mode
(tapping the F8 key a few times while booting). I would turn off System
Restore first (rt. click My Computer and select Properties).

While in Safe Mode you should also run Ad-Aware SE Personal (first) and
SpyBot-Search & Destroy (second).
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

I have also heard good reports about the Damage Cleanup Engine from Trend
Micro at
http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp

Scroll down to the link "Sysclean Package" and download. Also scroll down to
"Download Latest DCT Control Release" to download the required template
before you run Sysclean. After the downloads you can reboot and run Sysclean
in Safe Mode.

Finally, in Normal Mode (as opposed to Safe Mode) try the free online virus
scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.as...

--
Michael
June 14, 2005 5:31:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Yay! everything seems to be working. Thank you guyz, i mean it. ^^ Thanks!

"Michael T" wrote:

> "Taz" <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:21449A7F-E096-4B72-876D-05EEF6769C63@microsoft.com...
> > But I can't access the
> > background in the desktop area (Properties).
> >
> > Any clue on what's going on!?
> >
>
> What do you mean by "I can't access the background in the desktop area
> (Properties)"?
>
> If you mean the tab for Desktop is missing, run Kelly's registry tweak
> (line 128 - right column) at
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>
> Given the fact you still have multiple problems and you HAVE found some
> viruses I would consider running your antivirus program in Safe Mode
> (tapping the F8 key a few times while booting). I would turn off System
> Restore first (rt. click My Computer and select Properties).
>
> While in Safe Mode you should also run Ad-Aware SE Personal (first) and
> SpyBot-Search & Destroy (second).
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
>
> I have also heard good reports about the Damage Cleanup Engine from Trend
> Micro at
> http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp
>
> Scroll down to the link "Sysclean Package" and download. Also scroll down to
> "Download Latest DCT Control Release" to download the required template
> before you run Sysclean. After the downloads you can reboot and run Sysclean
> in Safe Mode.
>
> Finally, in Normal Mode (as opposed to Safe Mode) try the free online virus
> scan
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.as...
>
> --
> Michael
>
>
>
>
!