Laptop cant boot from windows 7 disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpilo

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
i had installed windows 7 eternity,then it crashed. So i tried to install a proper version of windows. At first,it couldnt boot from cd,then after playing around,i gt to th windows install wizard.when i clicked on install,it says windows could not install because of a missing driver.i tried repair,i also tried restoring windows to an earlier pint in time,it refuses to boot,also i get blue screens. I also tried using an avira rescue disk to skan for viruses,and no viruses were detected.Pls help,thnk you.

Riz2612

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Hi are you trying to reinstall windows (Clean installation)

You will need to access the BIOS an change the boot priority making 'CDROM' first. this will allow you to boot from the CD..

Also if you do not know already re installing windows will erase your data therefore you will need to back up your stuff.

Let me know what happens...

Riz

Mpilo

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks Riz for the response,I really appreciate it, I tried that,i set my boot priority to CD-Rom, I even tried USB (i used a usb bootable tool,saved the disk image on the USB. IN fact it had difficulties recorgnsing the CD.
I did not want a clean installation, bcos i need the music in the harddrive...but out of fustration I tried to format the hard drive,but it will not let me into the window that gives me the option to select partitions or format..and i am very good with cmd. Also wen I try the install wizard, It says that I am missing a driver, really fustrating..

Mpilo

Mpilo

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

Thanks Riz for the response,I really appreciate it, I tried that,i set my boot priority to CD-Rom, I even tried USB (i used a usb bootable tool,saved the disk image on the USB. IN fact it had difficulties recorgnsing the CD.
I did not want a clean installation, bcos i need the music in the harddrive...but out of fustration I tried to format the hard drive,but it will not let me into the window that gives me the option to select partitions or format..and i am very good with cmd. Also wen I try the install wizard, It says that I am missing a driver, really fustrating..

Status
Not open for further replies.