john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

hi,
my monitor settings all of a sudden got messed up and the setting buttons
haven't changed my monitor. The shape of the monitor was set to a shape that
I cannot change. I'm wondering how do you set the monitor back to default
settings or if there's a way to fix it?

John wrote:
> hi,
> my monitor settings all of a sudden got messed up and the setting buttons
> haven't changed my monitor. The shape of the monitor was set to a shape that
> I cannot change. I'm wondering how do you set the monitor back to default
> settings or if there's a way to fix it?

If the monitor's controls no longer work, and the display is unusable,
it's probably time to get a new monitor. Monitors can be repaired, but
it usually costs more than they're worth.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

John wrote:
> my monitor settings all of a sudden got messed up and the setting
> buttons haven't changed my monitor. The shape of the monitor was set
> to a shape that I cannot change. I'm wondering how do you set the
> monitor back to default settings or if there's a way to fix it?

Is it actually settings ON the monitor or in your software for your video
output from your video card to the monitor?

If the former - don't know - you didn't mention the name brand of the
monitor/model number/etc. Even if you did - I likely couldn't tell you the
exact method to reset it to factor defaults using its controls - but its
manual may be able to (or those who made it - like their web page...)

If the latter - don't know - you didn't mention the video card or drivers
you have installed. You also did not mention that if you boot in dafe mode
if things are more "normal" or not.. You could download/install/configure
the latest drivers from the video card manufacturer web page.. That might
help.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

It's a Hp pavilion m70, the monitor is still usuable, but I can't reconfigure
it back to the full screen setting.

John wrote:
> It's a Hp pavilion m70, the monitor is still usuable, but I can't
> reconfigure it back to the full screen setting.

Monitor Manual (for download in PDF format):
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?product=60974&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us
( Short link: http://snipurl.com/fj4u )

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Thanks for the help, the problem is just with the display-

Normal Display: |----|
My Display: )----(

John wrote:
> Thanks for the help, the problem is just with the display-
>
> Normal Display: |----|
> My Display: )----(

Ah - use the manual and find out how to change the " pincushion/trapezoid "
settings.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP