Problems after I rid my computer of adware...

dp

I believe that I may have deleted a line in my registry pertaining to the
function of the "Hide Icons" utility in my taskbar. It's quite annoying
having a ton of icons showing and not being hidden. I was silly enough not to
have written down what I thought was the offending entry in the registry.
Anyways, I'm not 100% sure but I think this is why it's not working. I've
already tried to reset the function by going to Taskbar/Start Menu functions
and choosing Hide Icons again, but to no avail. Would anyone out there be
able to help me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Have you considered performing a System Restore?