Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How i can make my screen laptop work for HDIM on ps3

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Playstation
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
Share
October 11, 2012 2:16:49 PM

I have sony vgn-fw455d and i have the inpot for HDMI in my laptop and I want to play ps3 on my screen laptop how I can do this

pleas help me

More about : make screen laptop work hdim ps3

a b D Laptop
October 11, 2012 2:20:35 PM

can't, it is output only.
m
0
l
a c 203 D Laptop
October 11, 2012 2:28:19 PM

amare_50 said:
I have sony vgn-fw455d and i have the inpot for HDMI in my laptop and I want to play ps3 on my screen laptop how I can do this

pleas help me

Sorry, but that is simply not possible. The HDMI port on your laptop is an output only port, as is the HDMI port on the PS3.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 11, 2012 2:37:11 PM

COLGeek said:
Sorry, but that is simply not possible. The HDMI port on your laptop is an output only port, as is the HDMI port on the PS3.


He's right, your specific laptop's HDMI is output only. The only option you have really is component video input adapter for your laptop. Here is a page to give you more specifics on how it works: http://www.allaboutadapters.com/coviautousbd.html.
m
0
l
October 11, 2012 2:41:03 PM

You could buy a USB addon card to display your PS3 on your laptop, but quality won't be that great.
m
0
l
October 11, 2012 2:46:50 PM

schnitter said:
You could buy a USB addon card to display your PS3 on your laptop, but quality won't be that great.


The problem with any converter for video, like Schnitter states for the USB addon card, is the visual quality will take a hit. Cheaper products equal lower quality output, so plan accordingly. I used a component input a few years ago in Afghanistan with my PS3 b/c I did not want to invest in a tv, and although the quality was less than stellar, it was enough for me. If it ever comes to you playing on your laptop screen, chances are quality will not matter for the small time you are on it. If you are thinking long-term for the video feed, do your homework and find one with good quality output; these will also allow you to record your gameplay to post on YouTube and such... a little research will yield you what you are looking for, it is possible, you just need to find what you want/need to accomplish and work from there.
m
0
l
!