Unable to Highlight Text

I am having difficulty highlighting text inInternet Explorer and some other
programs (eg Word). I can make it work maybe 1 out of 10 times. I also have
trouble with drop down menusf; they won't stay. Any ideas how to fix this?
4 answers Last reply
More about unable highlight text

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "th1301" <th1301@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A13D803-7CCE-433C-8F94-F35AFD472E3C@microsoft.com...
    >I am having difficulty highlighting text inInternet Explorer and some other
    > programs (eg Word). I can make it work maybe 1 out of 10 times. I also have
    > trouble with drop down menusf; they won't stay. Any ideas how to fix this?
  2. Quote:

    I am having difficulty highlighting text inInternet Explorer and some other
    programs (eg Word). I can make it work maybe 1 out of 10 times. I also have
    trouble with drop down menusf; they won't stay. Any ideas how to fix this?

    Wow me too! Same thing. It just started happenning. Im having trouble getting the drop down favorites menu to stay open when I click on it. I have to click it several times. I am also all of a sudden to highlight until I try at least 5 times. Its soo frustrating. Seems to be a virus? Any luck finxing yours?
  3. It might be an add in problem . Try disabeling different addins in the browser, and even in MS office programs.

    Also check here something similar:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/57610-strange-drop-down-menu-problems.html :hello:
  4. Try replacing your mouse. It may work :)

Microsoft Windows XP