Hotfix Installer Error (Outlook 2002 - SP2)

June 13, 2005 1:01:02 AM

As a result of not being able to sync up my T-Mobile 7100t (Blackberry phone)
PIM data (contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, etc.) to my laptop (Windows XP
Professional), I was informed by Research in Motion (after spending an hour
on the phone with their support desk) there might be a problem with Outlook
2002 and I should run "Detect and Repair".

Detect and Repair wouldn't run indicating "The patch package could not be
opened..." I've tried downloading and installing Office XP SP3, but received
an error message "Office Hotfix Installer encountered a problem" - involving
the following file C:\Docume~1\[user
name]\locals~1\Temp\OHotfix\OHotfix(00010).log

How do I get "Detect and Repair" to run?
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:48:34 PM

Error 1719. The Windows Installer service could not be accessed error message when you try to a:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315346&Product=win2000

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!