Black widow with a working color vector monitor with a BIN..

Shocked that it lasted this long - I noticed it the other day and thought
for sure that it would be gonzo..

--
-Steve P.

All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus

"Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> not mine, but seems a steal...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-Black-Widow-Color-vector-monitor_W0QQitemZ6196345663QQcategoryZ13716QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if I hadn't just been down to lloyd's and taken up the last remaining square
footage in my garage...

"Steve Prendergast" <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Shocked that it lasted this long - I noticed it the other day and thought
> for sure that it would be gonzo..
>

> --
> -Steve P.
>
> All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
>
> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> not mine, but seems a steal...
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-Black-Widow-Color-vector-monitor_W0QQitemZ6196345663QQcategoryZ13716QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"Conditon the game turns on and you see the spider web sometimes it
goes further to a munlticolor web
could be a easy fix. Monitor seems to be fine. Item has been in
storage over 10 years. item was a gravitar conversion to black widow
all manuals are included. email me for addtional photos and questions
SOLD AS IS. ONCE AGAIN MONITOR SEEMS TO BE WORKING AND IT DOES TURN ON
GAME IS NOT PLAYABLE. PICK UP ONLY"

$300 for a monitor that was just turned on for the first time in 10
years seems steep to me. Especially when the game board is already
showing it has issues.

Factor in parts costs: control panel, marquee, power supply, wiring, etc and
$300 is a steal. If it were local to me (Western PA) I'd grab it for spare
parts alone.

--

"arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> $300 for a monitor that was just turned on for the first time in 10
> years seems steep to me. Especially when the game board is already
> showing it has issues.

yup... so monitor works, a whole bunch of stuff on the board works... (rom
issue? dirty socket? somthing intermitent...)

still a pretty damn good steal at $300... wish I had the room.

he has all the manuals (including the gravitar manual... wonder if the
origional boards are still inside...

> "Conditon the game turns on and you see the spider web sometimes it
> goes further to a munlticolor web
> could be a easy fix. Monitor seems to be fine. Item has been in
> storage over 10 years. item was a gravitar conversion to black widow
> all manuals are included. email me for addtional photos and questions
> SOLD AS IS. ONCE AGAIN MONITOR SEEMS TO BE WORKING AND IT DOES TURN ON
> GAME IS NOT PLAYABLE. PICK UP ONLY"

heck, a broken vector monitor is worth almost that much, let alone one that
is fully funcitonal (although it should probably be bulletproofed just for
safety).

the game board is probably an easy fix considering that it almost works (it
draws a bunch of vectors and then locks up... could easily be a simple rom
reseat).