I try to open a link which takes me to a new window and the window remains
blank I have tried all the trouble shooting techenquies but have been
unsuscessful

Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
button.

--
Mark L. Ferguson