All of a sudden, my internet blocks (most) of my programs.

Do you have any clue why only some of my programs can access the
internet? I do not use a firewall, nor a router.

I use Windows XP Home Edition.

However, for some reason, Windows (or something) just BLOCKS most of my
programs.

I have tried many things, and still, nothing has worked.

I would have reformated by now, but no CD came with my computer ( from
alienware ).

Any help would be great... thanks!

--
robtehgod

Well this could be use the Cause of Service Ok 2?

Because WINDOWS XP has an inbuilt firewall many unwanted problems can occur!
Try to get yourself a copy ZoneAlarm.Can be found on many Computer Mag Cd's
(FREE) This application firewall gives you full control, taking over the
inbuilt xp Firewall. It will allow you to block/unblock internet access at
will!

Get yourself a copy of Microsofts Anti Spyware Sofware (Formely know as
Giant Anti Spyware). This should be on a Compyter MAg CD as well. Install and
scan

You may want to get virus software installed to.(Virus's can be a big causes
of data transfer problems)

If your pc did not come with a cd is Windows a legal INSTALL?????????????
(I doubt it would be)

If not, being unable to install major updates is a huge loss!!!

If it is a legal install when the web is up and running get your self a copy
of
"Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder. This cool little program will tell you what
your product key is! Get a copy of XPhome and activate it with your key.

If you find out you have a illegal install/key (service packs wil not install)
threaten the company with, give me a free legal copy or I will report you to
microsoft!!

Maybe this helps?

Programs Accessories SystemTools Security Center
Are you sure you don't have a firewall ?
win xpsp2 comes with a firewall, by default enabled, and you can configure
programs/ports easy enuff.