Hi
is it safe to delete my older profile named Administrator from System
Properties>
Advanced tab>under User Profiles>Settings? as i already have a new
administrator
account. it all happened when my Pc crashed & i had to create a new
administrator account.also i booted it twice so it created two additional
folders-Administrator.username & Administrator . Also it gives me an option
to delete the old Administrator from above path.
Please help
Thanks.

Log onto all accounts listed in the utility that starts when you go to start/run and type
CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2,

then in each of those accounts, go to start/run and type
%USERPROFILE%
to determine the folder name of each account.

You can delete any folders in "Documents and Settings" not found in this way.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"dumb spidey" <dumbspidey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EF91BBF-8620-4A79-A05C-9BDE4524FE12@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> is it safe to delete my older profile named Administrator from System
> Properties>
> Advanced tab>under User Profiles>Settings? as i already have a new
> administrator
> account. it all happened when my Pc crashed & i had to create a new
> administrator account.also i booted it twice so it created two additional
> folders-Administrator.username & Administrator . Also it gives me an option
> to delete the old Administrator from above path.
> Please help
> Thanks.

Hi
i tried the thing which u said & the bad news is the computer shows
two 'Administrators' under user groups. One of these is the old
Administrator & the second one is the current administrator which is Username.
Also Documents & Settings folder shows both the administrators folders.
From the path I have given it is clear that the old Administrator is no longer
active & hence has got the Delete button highlighted, which is not the case
for the present administrator.
My doubt is whether i can safely delete all the folders related to the old
Administrator or will that cause the PC to crash;since a couple of reboots
created some folders in the name of old Admin.
Hope its not much trouble for you.
Thanks

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Log onto all accounts listed in the utility that starts when you go to start/run and type
> CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2,
>
> then in each of those accounts, go to start/run and type
> %USERPROFILE%
> to determine the folder name of each account.
>
> You can delete any folders in "Documents and Settings" not found in this way.
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "dumb spidey" <dumbspidey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EF91BBF-8620-4A79-A05C-9BDE4524FE12@microsoft.com...
> > Hi
> > is it safe to delete my older profile named Administrator from System
> > Properties>
> > Advanced tab>under User Profiles>Settings? as i already have a new
> > administrator
> > account. it all happened when my Pc crashed & i had to create a new
> > administrator account.also i booted it twice so it created two additional
> > folders-Administrator.username & Administrator . Also it gives me an option
> > to delete the old Administrator from above path.
> > Please help
> > Thanks.

The system needs only the current active admin account to operate normally. You could copy all thew old settings from the old
account before removal, if you wish.

811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:

Mark L. Ferguson