PC restarts during bootup

Hi

My PC is caught in a reboot loop!

When i boot up it gets to the Windows XP logo as normal, looks like it is
loadind with the bars moving accross, then the screen goes black and the PC
reboots.

It does the same when i boot into safe mode. I've also tried restarting from
the last good configuration

Any ideas how to trap what the error is?

Cheers

Neil
3 answers Last reply
More about restarts bootup

    Disable automatic restart on system failure (on SP2): Press F8 on restart, and see the menu item to disable auto restart. Restart,
    and when the STOP message appears, record information needed for further troubleshooting.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson

    "Neil" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > My PC is caught in a reboot loop!
    >
    > When i boot up it gets to the Windows XP logo as normal, looks like it is
    > loadind with the bars moving accross, then the screen goes black and the PC
    > reboots.
    >
    > It does the same when i boot into safe mode. I've also tried restarting from
    > the last good configuration
    >
    > Any ideas how to trap what the error is?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Neil

    My sister is having the same problem with hers. I was wondering if you've
    solved your problem and if so what you did to fix it. I've been looking
    through different forums and the problem seems to be quite common. Some
    have said that it may be a fried CPU, problem with the RAM, a video or sound
    card, a faulty cable, or a corrupt file in Windows. Try checking your
    hardware first for burn marks or lose or damaged connections. If that
    doesn't work, try reinstalling Windows XP from you cd-rom drive. To make it
    stop shutting off you will need to change your configuration where your
    computer "shutsdown after failure" some where in the BIOS menu. Good luck.
    Let me know if you found your problem.

    Prim
    ps....it could also be caused by the Sasser bug.

    "Neil" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > My PC is caught in a reboot loop!
    >
    > When i boot up it gets to the Windows XP logo as normal, looks like it is
    > loadind with the bars moving accross, then the screen goes black and the PC
    > reboots.
    >
    > It does the same when i boot into safe mode. I've also tried restarting from
    > the last good configuration
    >
    > Any ideas how to trap what the error is?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Neil

Boot Windows XP