Cannot send or receive email in Outlook or any non-web ema..

Hi,

This is maddening. On 6/9 at 2:11 pm I received my last email in Outlook. I
now get error messages (for all of my email addresses which all come from the
same ISP)saying "connection was rejected by incoming (and outgoing) mail
server" and cannot send or receive any of my POP3 mail.

I have contacted my ISP who has run tests and said it is not their lines
causing the problem. They advised me to run several anti-malware and spyware
programs, which I did (I even followed a program provided by Major Geeks.com)
and everything (Hijack This, Kill2Me, CWShredder, HS Remover, Stinger AV,
About Buster, Avast AV, Spybot S&&D) all showed my system clean.

I just has a crash a few months ago and lost everything and just finished
getting things back to normal. I really don't want to loseit all again. Any
suggestions? Or, perhaps a way I can reinstall my XP without losing all my
software and files?

I will love anyone who can help me with this!!

Thank you,
Mz. Jazz
--
Revolution Of Life (.com): Open your eyes & turn the dark into light...
Open your mind & turn everything right.

I'm sure you've tried this,(assumed) but just in case:
You did check your ISP for the proper settings to enter in for incoming
and outgoing mail servers, correct. If you try to get your mail through
your ISP's web mail, is there any there?
Have you tried using the Thunderbird mail client with your ISP's
recommended server settings? If they don't show for Thunderbird, use the
Netscape, I believe they are the same. I gave up on Outlook long ago
and haven't had a serious virus or macro worm since.........joe
Mz. Jazz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is maddening. On 6/9 at 2:11 pm I received my last email in Outlook. I
> now get error messages (for all of my email addresses which all come from the
> same ISP)saying "connection was rejected by incoming (and outgoing) mail
> server" and cannot send or receive any of my POP3 mail.
>
> I have contacted my ISP who has run tests and said it is not their lines
> causing the problem. They advised me to run several anti-malware and spyware
> programs, which I did (I even followed a program provided by Major Geeks.com)
> and everything (Hijack This, Kill2Me, CWShredder, HS Remover, Stinger AV,
> About Buster, Avast AV, Spybot S&&D) all showed my system clean.
>
> I just has a crash a few months ago and lost everything and just finished
> getting things back to normal. I really don't want to loseit all again. Any
> suggestions? Or, perhaps a way I can reinstall my XP without losing all my
> software and files?
>
> I will love anyone who can help me with this!!
>
> Thank you,
> Mz. Jazz

Joe,
Thanks for trying...yes I did check the settings and they are fine. Also,
it is not Outlook's problem because the problem exists in Incredimail
(another email client) as well.
Anyone with any other ideas??

Thanks,
Mz. Jazz