Can I add a wireless PCMCIA to a laptop with already built..

I have a laptop that has built-in 802.11b wireless. My friend's
network is 802.11g, and I want to be able to take advantage of the
increased speed. Can I add a 802.11g pcmcia card to my laptop and
still be able to use my built-in 802.11b when I'm not on my friend's
network?
Thanks.

rebates@hotmail.com (kranke@hotmail.com) wrote in

> Can I add a 802.11g pcmcia card to my laptop and
> still be able to use my built-in 802.11b when I'm not on my friend's
> network?

Yes.

802.11g is backwards compatible with 802.11b.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

kranke@hotmail.com <rebates@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a laptop that has built-in 802.11b wireless. My friend's
> network is 802.11g, and I want to be able to take advantage of the
> increased speed. Can I add a 802.11g pcmcia card to my laptop and
> still be able to use my built-in 802.11b when I'm not on my friend's
> network?

On some laptops, you may be able to replace the built-in wireless.
What's the model number?
Is the wireless bit mini-pci?

Michael

Distinguished