Can't Boot from XP Pro Install CD

a b \ Driver
June 13, 2005 11:13:33 AM

Running WinXP Pro / 1 GB SDRAM
Formatted my hard disk to NTFS primary partition. Tried to boot to CD
Install disk and get "invalid system disk" message.

BIOS is set to boot from CD.

Is it possible the CD drivers don't load for the CD install to be
recognized? The boot up screen shows the drives installed.

I can boot to floppy, but don't have a floppy boot disk that loads CD
drivers.

Windows 98 boot disk will load CD support drivers, but is for FAT files
and won't load NTFS.

Any ideas?

--
jrichar9
jrichar9's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12919

More about : boot pro install

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 13, 2005 10:53:57 PM

But is it set as 1st boot device or is the startup still trying to read the
HD???
peterk

the problem