Event ID 615 and Missing NIC

Hello all- This was cross posted in Networking but I've always seen such good
friendly help in Help and Support.
First I will quote a different post I found:

"Janie" wrote:

> User: nt authority/service network
> interfaces on this machine.
> This unit is a stand alone, single user, 56k modem non network connection.
> Using WindowsXP Home SP2 with all security updates.
> Anyone know why this is a potential security hazard to the machine and how
> do I correct it?
> Thank You.
> Jae

And now my related issue:

Im getting the same error in Event Viewer and in my case I do have a NIC
card which if I"M not dreaming is missing? from the Device Manager. I didn't
notice this until after installing SP2 and then not being able to connect to
the internet. Is this error related to the Limited connectivity issue with
LAN after installing SP2. I just read about it at http://pchell.com and it
sent me to the Windows Update Fix KB884020.
The Event Viewer message:
Security -Failure Audit
IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network interfaces on the
machine......Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnose the problem.

What is the IPSec monitor snap in? How to use, get?

Lastly, Under the device manager Network Adapters, All I have listed is:
Nvidia Nforce Networking Controller. I might be tripping, but I could have
sworn I had a seperate 10/100 NIC card. I really wish I could verify this..
but trying to have the PC auto find any more hardware doesnt find anything
else. I thought this could be related to the error above and possible the SP2
install.

If anyone has knowledge of this issue and the IPSec monitor snap in or any
other info and were to help out, I'd so greatly appreciate the help!
Thanks in advance for all input!

--
My PC & Me = Tranquility...
Until the Power Goes Out

Milk-Chan,
Here's more than you'd ever want to know about IPSec;
'IPSec' (http://tinyurl.com/c7n9h)
Which is supposed to be included with SP2.
Also, to see what's inside the box;
'EVEREST Home Edition'
(http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en)
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

Thank you very much Treeman for taking the time to respond. I appreciate that
someone would care to help me out!
--
My PC & Me = Tranquility...
Until the Power Goes Out

"Treeman" wrote:

> Milk-Chan,
> Here's more than you'd ever want to know about IPSec;
> 'IPSec' (http://tinyurl.com/c7n9h)
> Which is supposed to be included with SP2.
> Also, to see what's inside the box;
> 'EVEREST Home Edition'
> (http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en)
> Best,