Video card problem....

smerch

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2005
Hi, I just got new video card, Leadtek GeForce 6600GT. After I put it in and tried to boot up my computer starts to beep, series of long beeps, it keeps to beep until I get to windows xp load screen, then it stops. I checked there is no overheating or anything. Any suggestions why it keeps beeping on boot up, or any websites where I can get help with this problem?

I got AMD Althlon 64 3000+
some generic Ram PC2100 1GB
450Watt PSU
Abit KV8 Pro motherboard

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It sounds like a "low voltage" alarm from the motherboard, which monitors voltage and temperatures.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Robc1880

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
if your PSU is a generic one, that could be the cause of your low voltage. A lot of generic PSU's cannot put out the voltage they say they are rated for.

Lonewolf19

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah, what they said... make sure the juice is connected. (or there's enough juice).

ATI x800 XT (overclocked)
SB Audigy
Sony 19" LCD (X-Brite)

G

If that indeed is the problem, you'll have to replace the PSU. Make sure to get a good brand name one. FSP has the Blue Storm in 500w and 400w varieties, and Antec has some good options as well including fanless.

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>
<pre> Always remember to keep testicles away from live wiring </pre><p>