Hello! I just started with a new company and I need to select two laptops. One for myself. One for a new hire. I have around a 1800 dollar budget for mine and would like to keep the new hires around 600-700.
1. What is your budget? 1800 & 600-700
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15 inchs
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? They will serve as both. (Would like docking functionality)
5. How much battery life do you need? No Hard Requirements
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I would like the laptop with the large budget capable of playing some modern games.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Business Applications. The 1800 dollar one needs to be multi purposed as an occasional IT test bed.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB Min (Would like a SSD but not required)
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Needs to be linkable pre-configured
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4 Years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD-RW/CD-RW
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Open to brand. The laptops need to have a business appropriate look as they will be used with clients.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.