Im really FUZZY on USB 2 upgrades.

This is the message I see:
HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub. A HI-SPEED USB device
is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub.

Now when I go to the windows update site with the external usb hard drive
plugged in and look for updates, I get nothing related to hi speed usb.
Nothing about usb at all. What's the procedure to fix this?

Try plugging the USB device into a different usb port, most computers have
two of them.

perthy wrote:
> Im really FUZZY on USB 2 upgrades.
>
> This is the message I see:
> HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub. A HI-SPEED USB
> device is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub.
>
> Now when I go to the windows update site with the external usb hard
> drive plugged in and look for updates, I get nothing related to hi
> speed usb. Nothing about usb at all. What's the procedure to fix this?

You need USB 2.0 hardware (on your PC and on the equipment plugging into the
ports on your PC) to use USB 2.0 speeds.
Simple as that.

(If you have an updated Windows XP installation on said system, that is.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

You can install a USB 2.0 card -as Shenan stated - the computer must have
2.0 capability. However the good news is that the device will work fine at
the USB 1.0 speed.

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL

Jim

"perthy" <perthy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im really FUZZY on USB 2 upgrades.
>
> This is the message I see:
> HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub. A HI-SPEED USB
device
> is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub.
>
> Now when I go to the windows update site with the external usb hard drive
> plugged in and look for updates, I get nothing related to hi speed usb.
> Nothing about usb at all. What's the procedure to fix this?
It certainly seems that the problem lies with the hub. You won't find
upgrades for hubs anywhere. Instead you should replace the hub with one
that will work with USB 2,x
Jim

"Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote:

>"perthy" <perthy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Im really FUZZY on USB 2 upgrades.
>>
>> This is the message I see:
>> HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub. A HI-SPEED USB
>device
>> is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub.
>>
>> Now when I go to the windows update site with the external usb hard drive
>> plugged in and look for updates, I get nothing related to hi speed usb.
>> Nothing about usb at all. What's the procedure to fix this?
>It certainly seems that the problem lies with the hub. You won't find
>upgrades for hubs anywhere. Instead you should replace the hub with one
>that will work with USB 2,x

I get that message when I plug my USB 2.0 card reader into any of my
USB ports. All of my USB ports are 2.0. At one time I had the same
problem and I deleted all my USB ports from device manager and let
Windows detect them. After Windows reinstalled the USB ports, I
stopped getting the message for a while.
--
My cat really loves me. When it is cold at night he lies right
up against me in the bed to help keep me warm.