I have several WinXP Professional PC's, I have tried the Remote connection
and it works but I also saw on another network where an administrator did
the same thing but the other computer did not log off and display a message
that the PC is locked and can only be unlocked by the user or Administrator.

How are they doing this? I would like to connect to another computer thru
this Remote connection and just monitor it.

I do have RealVNC and use it but I would rather use the Remote connection if
it is available

Thanks in advance

Steve

The other admin was probably using "Remote Administration" tools available from a client TO a Server machine.(not another client).
RD is something different, and will always lock a machine, as expected behavior, and by design.

--
Mark L. Ferguson