Recycle Bin Problems

Hello,
files in the recycle bin have automatically been deleted without my
confirmation - I would like to reset the recycle bin so that it NEVER delets
files except when I choose to 'empty recycle bin'

Help would be appreciated
--
System:
Win XP Pro, with latest service packs

    oldest files are deleted, when the bin is out of room. There is a slider in propeties to enlarge it.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "SGoraya" <sgoraya@bakersfieldappraisers.com> wrote in message news:e2hcFaEcFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Hello,
    > files in the recycle bin have automatically been deleted without my
    > confirmation - I would like to reset the recycle bin so that it NEVER delets
    > files except when I choose to 'empty recycle bin'
    >
    > Help would be appreciated
    > --
    > System:
    > Win XP Pro, with latest service packs