WTB or WTT: Monitor shroud for Tempest

Surrounds monitor behind glass. Was this just black posterboard
with a cutout, or one of those origami fold-up types?

It's the folded type, like Centipede and Millipede. The original tinted
glass is pretty dark... you might be able to get by with just a cutout.

--
Adam
www.adamsarcade.com

"baudtender1 .at. comcast.net" <"baudtender1 .at. comcast.net"> wrote in
message news:icudnY5iwdJ1HnDfRVn-iA@comcast.com...

Adam Pletcher wrote:

> It's the folded type, like Centipede and Millipede. The original tinted
> glass is pretty dark... you might be able to get by with just a cutout.
>
> --
> Adam
> www.adamsarcade.com
>
> "baudtender1 .at. comcast.net" <"baudtender1 .at. comcast.net"> wrote in
> message news:icudnY5iwdJ1HnDfRVn-iA@comcast.com...
>
>>Surrounds monitor behind glass. Was this just black posterboard
>>with a cutout, or one of those origami fold-up types?

Hmmm...you've got me thinking (and that's often a dangerous thing.) If
I recall correctly, a Centipede upright is just a bit wider than a Tempest
upright. I've got a blue Centipede style shroud (and I know Arcade Shop
sells replacements for those) so I'm just going to have to try it tomorrow
and see if it fits in the Tempest. If it does, I'll be grabbing my trusty
can of flat black spray paint and problem solved!

S.W.

baudtender1 .at. comcast.net wrote:
> Hmmm...you've got me thinking (and that's often a dangerous thing.) If
> I recall correctly, a Centipede upright is just a bit wider than a Tempest
> upright. I've got a blue Centipede style shroud (and I know Arcade Shop
> sells replacements for those) so I'm just going to have to try it tomorrow
> and see if it fits in the Tempest. If it does, I'll be grabbing my trusty
> can of flat black spray paint and problem solved!
>
> S.W.

Nope, I fooled with it for about a half-hour. It's not the length/width
issue so much as the distance between the monitor and the glass.

S.W.