XP restarts when playing a game

Hello
When i play a game my computer restarts!
Please help

Ostmaan wrote:
> When i play a game my computer restarts!

1. Stop playing "a game".
2. Stop expecting help from such little information.

What game is it? Does it matter? Solitaire to World of Warcraft, eh?
Checked for updates to this particular game?
Checked for updates to your video and sound cards (from the manufacturer web
site - not the Windows update site..)?
When was the last time you checked http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
anyway? (Not hardware drivers!)
When was the last time you did a full virus/trojan scan with your antivirus
software (and is it updated daily?)
When was the last time you scanned for malware (adware, spyware, etc)?
Checked for any motrherboard BIOS updates?
How is the heat removal system in your computer case? Fans all working
okay - enough room to get rid of the heat?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

"Ostmaan" <Ostmaan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello
>When i play a game my computer restarts!
>Please help

Open Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings
button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section.

In the Startup and Recovery window click on the checkbox for
"Automatically restart" to clear it. Then click on Apply and OK as
needed to exit.

That should put an end to the restarts. However they may be replaced
by a "Blue Screen Of Death" STOP error message. If that happens then
the contents of the STOP message including the STOP code, all 4
parameters, and any file or driver names that are included will be a
direct clue to the underlying cause of your problem. Post the
information from the STOP message back here for further advice and
assistance.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Well Ron i did that now and all i get is a blue screen with no text on it..

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> "Ostmaan" <Ostmaan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello
> >When i play a game my computer restarts!
> >Please help
>
> Open Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings
> button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section.
>
> In the Startup and Recovery window click on the checkbox for
> "Automatically restart" to clear it. Then click on Apply and OK as
> needed to exit.
>
> That should put an end to the restarts. However they may be replaced
> by a "Blue Screen Of Death" STOP error message. If that happens then
> the contents of the STOP message including the STOP code, all 4
> parameters, and any file or driver names that are included will be a
> direct clue to the underlying cause of your problem. Post the
> information from the STOP message back here for further advice and
> assistance.
>
> Good luck
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Ron i have already tryed that but i only get a blue screen with no text on...

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> "Ostmaan" <Ostmaan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello
> >When i play a game my computer restarts!
> >Please help
>
> Open Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings
> button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section.
>
> In the Startup and Recovery window click on the checkbox for
> "Automatically restart" to clear it. Then click on Apply and OK as
> needed to exit.
>
> That should put an end to the restarts. However they may be replaced
> by a "Blue Screen Of Death" STOP error message. If that happens then
> the contents of the STOP message including the STOP code, all 4
> parameters, and any file or driver names that are included will be a
> direct clue to the underlying cause of your problem. Post the
> information from the STOP message back here for further advice and
> assistance.
>
> Good luck
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Wups i wrote 2 times..:S
Well i found something that might be helpful in my Eventviewer(my computer
is swedish):

Felkod 1000000a, parameter1 826eb258, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
00000000, parameter4 806eb2d6.

"Ostmaan" wrote:

> Well Ron i did that now and all i get is a blue screen with no text on it..
>
> "Ron Martell" wrote:
>
> > "Ostmaan" <Ostmaan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hello
> > >When i play a game my computer restarts!
> > >Please help
> >
> > Open Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings
> > button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section.
> >
> > In the Startup and Recovery window click on the checkbox for
> > "Automatically restart" to clear it. Then click on Apply and OK as
> > needed to exit.
> >
> > That should put an end to the restarts. However they may be replaced
> > by a "Blue Screen Of Death" STOP error message. If that happens then
> > the contents of the STOP message including the STOP code, all 4
> > parameters, and any file or driver names that are included will be a
> > direct clue to the underlying cause of your problem. Post the
> > information from the STOP message back here for further advice and
> > assistance.
> >
> > Good luck
> >

> > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> > --
> > Microsoft MVP
> > On-Line Help Computer Service
> > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
> >
> > In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
> > http://aumha.org/alex.htm

"Ostmaan" <Ostmaan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Wups i wrote 2 times..:S
>Well i found something that might be helpful in my Eventviewer(my computer
>is swedish):
>
>Felkod 1000000a, parameter1 826eb258, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
>00000000, parameter4 806eb2d6.

See MVP Jim Eshelman's web page for STOP errors at
http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm and click on the "OA" IRQL Not
Less/Equal" link in the left side column.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Well i checked out that page and found Irql_not_less_or_equal
but i dont know how to solve the problem..could you maybe find a page where
it is for me ....??

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> "Ostmaan" <Ostmaan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Wups i wrote 2 times..:S
> >Well i found something that might be helpful in my Eventviewer(my computer
> >is swedish):
> >
> >Felkod 1000000a, parameter1 826eb258, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
> >00000000, parameter4 806eb2d6.
> >

> See MVP Jim Eshelman's web page for STOP errors at
> http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm and click on the "OA" IRQL Not
> Less/Equal" link in the left side column.
>
> Good luck
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

"Ostmaan" <Ostmaan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Well i checked out that page and found Irql_not_less_or_equal
>but i dont know how to solve the problem..could you maybe find a page where
>it is for me ....??

The most common cause of this error is a device driver.

Did you install any new peripherals or accessories recently? If so
then check with the manufacturer's web site for updated drivers for
those items and install them.

Did you install any updated drivers recently? If so check for further
updates for those items, or roll back the drivers to the previous
version.

If none of the above apply or if they do not resolve the issue then
the next best option is to do a Repair Install of your Windows XP as
per the instructions at

A Repair Install will preserve your user data files, installed
applications, and configuration settings. Windows Updates will have
to be reinstalled.

Note that if your Windows XP is on a "System Recovery" disk (or in a
"System Recovery" partition) provided by the computer manufacturer
then you may not be able to do a Repair Install.