*PC Won't Keep Time Dispite New Battery

The laptop I'm working on wasn't keeping time. I checked the cmos battery
and it was almost dead. I bought a new one and it tested perfect. Why could
it be that the time still isn't being kept when I reboot. It still reverts
to 2002!
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo

Steve Horrillo wrote:
> The laptop I'm working on wasn't keeping time. I checked the cmos battery
> and it was almost dead. I bought a new one and it tested perfect. Why
> could
> it be that the time still isn't being kept when I reboot. It still reverts
> to 2002!

Check with the hardware manufacturer. System time is more a hardware issue
than software.
(Most of the time - unless you have your time synching with something..)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Reset your time, use a DOS boot floppy disk (NOT the OS from hard disk), run
the pc in DOS only - monitor if time behaves in the same way. If it does
it's a hardware problem. If time maintains correctly then it's likely to be
a software problem.