*PC Won't Keep Time Dispite New Battery

The laptop I'm working on wasn't keeping time. I checked the cmos battery
and it was almost dead. I bought a new one and it tested perfect. Why could
it be that the time still isn't being kept when I reboot. It still reverts
to 2002!
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo
2 answers Last reply
More about time dispite battery

    Steve Horrillo wrote:
    > The laptop I'm working on wasn't keeping time. I checked the cmos battery
    > and it was almost dead. I bought a new one and it tested perfect. Why
    > could
    > it be that the time still isn't being kept when I reboot. It still reverts
    > to 2002!

    Check with the hardware manufacturer. System time is more a hardware issue
    than software.
    (Most of the time - unless you have your time synching with something..)

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Reset your time, use a DOS boot floppy disk (NOT the OS from hard disk), run
    the pc in DOS only - monitor if time behaves in the same way. If it does
    it's a hardware problem. If time maintains correctly then it's likely to be
    a software problem.

    > Steve Horrillo wrote:
    >> The laptop I'm working on wasn't keeping time. I checked the cmos battery
    >> and it was almost dead. I bought a new one and it tested perfect. Why
    >> could
    >> it be that the time still isn't being kept when I reboot. It still
    >> reverts
    >> to 2002!
    >
    > Check with the hardware manufacturer. System time is more a hardware
    > issue than software.
    > (Most of the time - unless you have your time synching with something..)
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP

Battery Microsoft Windows XP