running programs

I have a strange problem thati have never seen before. i have a few programs
on my laptop that up untilt he other daywere working perfectly, then i tried
to start one called skymate and this dialogue box titled 16 bit windows
subsystem came up and it said "C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The systen
file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications.
Choose close to terminate the application."

There is the choice of Close or Ignore but clicking both of them just dows
the sme thing. I have a couple of other programs that this is happening to
also. I have no viruses or anything and i cant figure it out. I would be very
grateful for any help
1 answer Last reply
More about running programs

    Hi eilidh,

    Have a look at the information here:
    MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "eilidh" <eilidh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a strange problem thati have never seen before. i have a few
    programs
    > on my laptop that up untilt he other daywere working perfectly, then i
    tried
    > to start one called skymate and this dialogue box titled 16 bit windows
    > subsystem came up and it said "C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The systen
    > file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft windows
    applications.
    > Choose close to terminate the application."
    >
    > There is the choice of Close or Ignore but clicking both of them just dows
    > the sme thing. I have a couple of other programs that this is happening to
    > also. I have no viruses or anything and i cant figure it out. I would be
    very
    > grateful for any help

Microsoft Windows XP