running programs

June 13, 2005 7:16:05 PM

I have a strange problem thati have never seen before. i have a few programs
on my laptop that up untilt he other daywere working perfectly, then i tried
to start one called skymate and this dialogue box titled 16 bit windows
subsystem came up and it said "C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The systen
file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications.
Choose close to terminate the application."

There is the choice of Close or Ignore but clicking both of them just dows
the sme thing. I have a couple of other programs that this is happening to
also. I have no viruses or anything and i cant figure it out. I would be very
grateful for any help

More about : running programs

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 10:57:15 PM

Hi eilidh,

Have a look at the information here:
MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod