  • Build
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 22, 2005 1:57:41 AM

If I were to edit an existing club so they start off with no players at all,
what is a reasonable/challenging budget to try and build a squad to compete
in the premiership. by compete i mean to avoid relegation/aim for mid table
with, to start at least?

i just fancy somehting a bit different.

Adam

More about : building team scratch

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:57:42 AM

Em Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:57:41 +0100, Adam Lion <adamatadrockdotathdotcx>
escreveu:

> If I were to edit an existing club so they start off with no players at
> all,
> what is a reasonable/challenging budget to try and build a squad to
> compete
> in the premiership. by compete i mean to avoid relegation/aim for mid
> table
> with, to start at least?
>
> i just fancy somehting a bit different.
>
> Adam

really? try 5M per player you want to join :-)
I usually use from 100,000,000 to 300,000,000, but some call me hungry!
lmao

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:26:22 AM

heh, someone on ric suggested a total budget of 10m :)

i figure about 4m per player and a squad of 22 would be 88, so a round 100
should make it interesting enough

just need to choose an appropriate team to remove :)

Adam

"Eduardo Liguori" <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
news:o pssqnatyv5embnl@evaldo...
> Em Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:57:41 +0100, Adam Lion <adamatadrockdotathdotcx>
> escreveu:
>
>> If I were to edit an existing club so they start off with no players at
>> all,
>> what is a reasonable/challenging budget to try and build a squad to
>> compete
>> in the premiership. by compete i mean to avoid relegation/aim for mid
>> table
>> with, to start at least?
>>
>> i just fancy somehting a bit different.
>>
>> Adam
>>

> really? try 5M per player you want to join :-)
> I usually use from 100,000,000 to 300,000,000, but some call me hungry!
> lmao
>
> --
> Eduardo Liguori
> EPL Champion
> Chelsea Football Club
>
> Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
> http://www.opera.com/m2/
June 22, 2005 2:26:23 AM

"Adam Lion" <adamatadrockdotathdotcx> wrote in message
> heh, someone on ric suggested a total budget of 10m :)
>
> i figure about 4m per player and a squad of 22 would be 88, so a round 100
> should make it interesting enough
>
> just need to choose an appropriate team to remove :)
>
> Adam
>
> "Eduardo Liguori" <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
> news:o pssqnatyv5embnl@evaldo...
>> Em Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:57:41 +0100, Adam Lion <adamatadrockdotathdotcx>
>> escreveu:
>>
>>> If I were to edit an existing club so they start off with no players at
>>> all,
>>> what is a reasonable/challenging budget to try and build a squad to
>>> compete
>>> in the premiership. by compete i mean to avoid relegation/aim for mid
>>> table
>>> with, to start at least?
>>>
>>> i just fancy somehting a bit different.
>>>
>>> Adam
>>>

>> really? try 5M per player you want to join :-)
>> I usually use from 100,000,000 to 300,000,000, but some call me hungry!
>> lmao
>>
>> --
>> Eduardo Liguori
>> EPL Champion
>> Chelsea Football Club
>>
>> Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
>> http://www.opera.com/m2/

spurs, otherwise they'll buy up every young player you don't...!
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:32:30 PM

Em Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:47:47 GMT, Dr Evil <twelveinchnob@yahoo.co.uk>
escreveu:

> "Adam Lion" <adamatadrockdotathdotcx> wrote in message
>> heh, someone on ric suggested a total budget of 10m :)
>>
>> i figure about 4m per player and a squad of 22 would be 88, so a round
>> 100
>> should make it interesting enough
>>
>> just need to choose an appropriate team to remove :)
>>
>> Adam

don't forget that if it's a new club you will need a large fan base to
support yr wages if you only intend to allocate transfer money or you will
bankrupt soon enough, I can tell for experience :-)
so add more money to support your club or create a large stadium with good
attendances.

my actual game came from scratch, but at South Conference, and to survive
so many years till EPL and to improve stadium I've allocated 100M balance.
Spent 3,9M building the squad and need to be careful or money goes away
before long. After only 14 games my balance this season is already - 6,9M,
so only 93M available, the lower leagues pay very low prizes, no sponsors,
no Euro prizes, and even with a small stadium with 10,000 seats the
maintenance costs high. But for sure the 145k wage roll is the killer!

good luck

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:44:43 PM

Adam Lion wrote:
> If I were to edit an existing club so they start off with no players at all,
> what is a reasonable/challenging budget to try and build a squad to compete
> in the premiership. by compete i mean to avoid relegation/aim for mid table
> with, to start at least?
>
> i just fancy somehting a bit different.
>
> Adam

Why not set up a team like that in League 2 - and work your way up?! Use
a club with a big stadium (are Hull still in L2?!), then you can get the
big crowds in too!

--
Champions!!!!

The Records...

Most Points - 95
Most Wins - 29
Least Goals conceded - 15
Most Cleansheets - 25
Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes

Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!
!