deleting user accounts after nondestructive system recovery

June 13, 2005 8:46:04 PM

After I had to perfoem a nondestructive system recovery. This recovery set my
system to factory condition but saved all documents and settings. We
recovered to a default user account. Control panel for managing users doed
not have the old profiles. I can access all the users by going to documents
and settings. My question is it ok to delete the old user folders from
documents and settings? Will this delete any important files? I can move my
files from here to new user(dta etc.) no problem but I could really use the
space that these old users are occupying. THANKS!!!
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 1:33:48 AM

littlebit13 wrote:
> After I had to perfoem a nondestructive system recovery.
> This recovery set my system to factory condition but saved
> all documents and settings. We recovered to a default user
> account. Control panel for managing users doed not have the
> old profiles. I can access all the users by going to
> documents and settings. My question is it ok to delete the
> old user folders from documents and settings? Will this
> delete any important files? I can move my files from here to
> new user(dta etc.) no problem but I could really use the
> space that these old users are occupying. THANKS!!!

As long as you're only deleting the folders for accounts you
created you'll be fine. Do not delete any of the folders that
Windows created such as Administrator, All Users, Default User,
Local Service and Network Service.

Good luck

Nepatsfan
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 8:49:02 AM

Yess!!! This did just what I wanted without screwing up my system. Thank-you
so much for your time.

"littlebit13" wrote:

> After I had to perfoem a nondestructive system recovery. This recovery set my
> system to factory condition but saved all documents and settings. We
> recovered to a default user account. Control panel for managing users doed
> not have the old profiles. I can access all the users by going to documents
> and settings. My question is it ok to delete the old user folders from
> documents and settings? Will this delete any important files? I can move my
> files from here to new user(dta etc.) no problem but I could really use the
> space that these old users are occupying. THANKS!!!
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 12:43:37 PM

littlebit13 wrote:
> Yess!!! This did just what I wanted without screwing up my
> system. Thank-you so much for your time.

You're welcome.

Nepatsfan
!