Tech: Sega Rally + MOdel 2 question

Mike

Splendid

Hi All,
Got a Sega Rally board from a dual driver here that was sent to a
reputable repair service and deemed unrepairable due to a bad IC27 on
the video board (315-5646) that is NLA. My question is, are there any
other Sega boardsets that I can either steal this chip or the entire
video board off of? Maybe a Virtua Fighter 2, something like that??

Any help is appreciated!
THanks!
-Mike

go to www.system16.com

look under the Sega Model 2a boardset. It will list all the games that use
the same boardset as the Ralley (I believe Ralley is a 2A, however if it's
not listed just look under the other model 2 boards until you find Ralley).
I'm not sure what IC27 is so I can't tell you if the other Model 2 version
have the same chip (there are 4 different Model 2 (models?) ).

steve

"Mike" <coins2play@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> Got a Sega Rally board from a dual driver here that was sent to a
> reputable repair service and deemed unrepairable due to a bad IC27 on
> the video board (315-5646) that is NLA. My question is, are there any
> other Sega boardsets that I can either steal this chip or the entire
> video board off of? Maybe a Virtua Fighter 2, something like that??
>
> Any help is appreciated!
> THanks!
> -Mike

Mike

Splendid

Thanks Steve, checked it out and just bought a VF2 boardset working, so
we'll give that a whirl. I have a Manx TT here at the shop, but I
don't want to cannibalize that to make it work!

BTW, IC27 is one of those large surface mount spider chips.

-Mike

Virtua Fighter Video and CPU board WILL work on a Rally, infact you can
convert the entire Virtua Fighter 2 PCB to Rally, just by a rom swap, its
what operators did to cut the costs down as Rally was a lot more in cost.

Andy

TRENDING THREADS