Possible window installer problem???

sarah

While trying to install my software for my new canon digital camera. i get
this message 'Could not find any previously installed compliant products on
the machine for installing the product'. this occurs with only one part of
the program, the part that allows me to download pics from my camera. after
calling canon for 1.5 hours they said it is not a problem with the software
(which my roommate has successfully installed on her computer). So i called
Dell and also talked to them for 1.5 hours and they were very unhelpful and
basically told me i needed to seek professional help for installing this
program. ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!

Call back dell and tell them you paid for "professional help" (the support)
when you bought the computer.Tell them the software works fine on another
computer. Don't take no or "I don't know" for an answer and keep asking for
supervisors until you get some satisfaction.
Do the same thing with canon.
A lot of times it just takes getting a competent tech, it's hit or miss.